BA Communications- Advertising (1 Viewer)

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
Just wondering, did anyone do this course? Or anyone know anyone who's done this course?

Cos I've been chatting to Rod McCulloch (Course Co-odinator), and it seems pretty cool.

Also, how can I get additional criteria?

Fro

HSC
hey
I know a fair few people doing this course and they seem pretty happy with it
As a comm. radio student i also have to do a shit load of advertising subjects and they are all pretty cool
The first thing you will get told when you start there is that CSU' communication faculty is the best there is and the advertising course is apart of that so you will be pretty happy with that
Its a good course and you get an internship subject at the end the the possibliity for a job is pretty high...
Anyway hope this helped
Fro

bex

HSC
im half way through my 3rd year of comm radio- basically advertising witha couple of different subjects..

its the best course around for aadvertising, you can choose a management or a creative strand and whilst the assignments are massive and time consuming, its so satisfying..

CSU are in the top 5 universities in the world right now for the InterAd Competition. They beat other unis from all over the world for a shot at world champion. CSU is the only uni in the world to have won the title of world champion 3 times.

in 3rd year there are also heaps of opportunities for students to meet contacts and internships in the industry with most of them getting internships at the best ad agencies in australia. we have also been able to work with real clients in the on campus agency which no other uni offers. The textbook side of things is limited so its plenty of hands on stuff.

rod is awesome. i had him for 2 subjects this semester. he takes the strategy and planning side of things whilst brett does all the creative..

i thoroughly recommend this course over any others!!!

as for criteria.. you could do work experience in a firm, in the marketing or advertising departments. anything with communications involved is good. just talk it up..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)