• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

BAcc 2008 Applicants to 2009 entry (1 Viewer)

Allan vB

HSC
Re: BAcc 2008...

HEY EVERYONE!

I hope that everyones interviews went well, I came out of mine feeling pretty good since the two people were so nice!

We don't get another interview. Perhaps you're getting confused with round two applicants being interviewed in November. I'm almost certain we can't be called back... So, it be tuesday we know what the outcome is - in or not (or reserve) - scary!

I had a good talk about philosophy with one of my interviewers, she's doing a Phd so hope I didn't look stupid lol. The other guy was from Macquarie. He asked me what was success for Macquarie Bank. I rambled on about a company only being as good as the people that work for it - teamwork stuff etc... I wasn't asked about assets or much accounting stuff at all for that matter. What was everyones quirky question? I had to find this guy called Gengis Mahn in Mongolia, who could answer all my questions... Apparently, I was stranded in the capital with no money. I was for some 'reality tv show' they were going to create...

I felt really good after the interview but the more I think aboiut it the more I think about things that I didn't get to say. Also, the competition was really confident too. It's must be hard for them to have to choose the top 35-40, hmm...

Good luck to everyone!

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

Allan vB said:
HEY EVERYONE!

I hope that everyones interviews went well, I came out of mine feeling pretty good since the two people were so nice!

We don't get another interview. Perhaps you're getting confused with round two applicants being interviewed in November. I'm almost certain we can't be called back... So, it be tuesday we know what the outcome is - in or not (or reserve) - scary!

I had a good talk about philosophy with one of my interviewers, she's doing a Phd so hope I didn't look stupid lol. The other guy was from Macquarie. He asked me what was success for Macquarie Bank. I rambled on about a company only being as good as the people that work for it - teamwork stuff etc... I wasn't asked about assets or much accounting stuff at all for that matter. What was everyones quirky question? I had to find this guy called Gengis Mahn in Mongolia, who could answer all my questions... Apparently, I was stranded in the capital with no money. I was for some 'reality tv show' they were going to create...

I felt really good after the interview but the more I think aboiut it the more I think about things that I didn't get to say. Also, the competition was really confident too. It's must be hard for them to have to choose the top 35-40, hmm...

Good luck to everyone!
Yeah.. thanks for clarifying that!

Um...i really relate how you feel confident but still had alot to say. I know what you mean.
But, it's out of our control now. Just chill and wait for result.

BEST OF LUCK :D

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC

ALLAN - my questions was the same, just that the person was in russia not mongolia lol....

who were ur interviewers? coz mine were also a professor n a guy from mq. was it Angus from Macquarie?

good luck all! and agree with allan that there r no second round interviews... ur either in or ur out, or ur reserve!

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

REJECTED
:p
Mine came in...oh well, what's done is done. I have to work extra hard to get a good UAI. Congratulations to all that got offers, and if you didn't...don't worry.

Jack :D

steph:an:ie

HSC

didn't get in either =[.

felt good about my interview but i think there was a really high level of candidates.

stay positive!

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

steph:an:ie said:
didn't get in either =[.

felt good about my interview but i think there was a really high level of candidates.

stay positive!
Exactly, and we did good even getting an interview :)
Keep your chin up and study hard.

That was just one opportunity and as if that's going to stop us from succeeding

HSC

reserve list. =]
25% chance. lol

now i just have to work super hard for a good uai. sounds like fun.
lol =]

congrats to everyone who got offers. and also, congrats to the people who got to the interview stage. that in itself is an achievement.

Sachi =]

ps. "That was just one opportunity and as if that's going to stop us from succeeding" true much?

ShadowSwifter

HSC

hell congrats all, i didnt get it either, 50% on the reserve list.

it's just too hard, 30 out of 200 get it right? that's crazy.

also does anyone know how much they pay? like the scholarship grant?

thanks

best of luck guys

HSC

ShadowSwifter said:
hell congrats all, i didnt get it either, 50% on the reserve list.

it's just too hard, 30 out of 200 get it right? that's crazy.

also does anyone know how much they pay? like the scholarship grant?

thanks

best of luck guys
hey. congrats.
50% chance is still really awesome. you should be proud! =]

in the first year, you get $13,000. second year, $13,500 and $7000 for the first half of the year of the third year.

good luck everyone! =)

HSC

littlemisstiny said:
hey. congrats.

in the first year, you get $13,000. second year, $13,500 and $7000 for the first half of the year of the third year.

good luck everyone! =)
what does 50% or 25% mean regarding reserve list- don't they give you a number ie: 1st reserve etc? does the 50%- mean 50% chance of getting in?

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

littlemisstiny said:
reserve list. =]
25% chance. lol

now i just have to work super hard for a good uai. sounds like fun.
lol =]

congrats to everyone who got offers. and also, congrats to the people who got to the interview stage. that in itself is an achievement.

Sachi =]

ps. "That was just one opportunity and as if that's going to stop us from succeeding" true much?
littlemisstiny<33333

HSC

zdzislaw said:
Thank you :)
You study hard and smash the trials and HSC k?
haha, you're welcome.:)
you do the same! its time to kick some HSC ass. =]
good luck for trials!!

btw, what school do you go to?

ShadowSwifter

HSC

littlemisstiny said:
hey. congrats.

good luck everyone! =)
good sums of money :D i envy those who got it haha

HSC

ShadowSwifter said:
good sums of money :D i envy those who got it haha
hahah. it certainly is.:D
you never know, you could be one of those on the reserve list who get a place!! ...which would make me super super envious of you. =P

ShadowSwifter

HSC

littlemisstiny said:
hahah. it certainly is.:D
you never know, you could be one of those on the reserve list who get a place!! ...which would make me super super envious of you. =P
keke i wish haha, its like 15 ppl outta 100, slim chance. i got an offer from an accounting cadetship so i think i will just take that.

wat bout u?

HSC

ShadowSwifter said:
keke i wish haha, its like 15 ppl outta 100, slim chance. i got an offer from an accounting cadetship so i think i will just take that.

wat bout u?
haha. if you think your chances are slim, you should be glad you dont have my chances. =P congrats on your accounting cadetship. =] thats awesome. what firm?

i was gonna apply for cadetships, but changed my mind at the last minute...and now im REALLY regretting it. but theres not much i can about that. lol =P

man. im sick of the HSC. ><

ShadowSwifter

HSC

i got an offer with PwC, so im quite happy with that :D

don't worry man there is still UNSW Co-op, you can go register now its open =)

yeh im sick of hsc too got trials in 3 weeks and a business studies assignment due first day back!!! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)