Bach Arts/ Master Teaching (primary) (1 Viewer)

Datto120

HSC
So as i am studying at uws the only way to be a primary teacher now is the bachelor of arts master of teaching.

I was wondering if anyone else has done it this way as i would like to discuss unit selection to best qualify me. I am worried that because i couldnt do a bachelor of education i am not gonna have as much experience in actually classroom teaching as other who have done the bachelor of education.

Also if any people here doing the bachelor of education could tell me which units they study i could try and see if i can do any of them through my arts degree.

Thanks is advance
Mandy :)

Datto120

HSC
Hey,

depending on how i go with working and seeing how much money i can earn without compramising my study i may transfer to somewhere like uow when i can.

I currently volunteer at a special education school as i am tossing up bewteen primary or special ed too so i was hoping i might get time to do some work with a primary school too this year!

With my arts it is recommended the primary teaching people do a major in Psychology, languages or humanities. I am leaning towards psychology. Does the bach ed have the same thing???

rific

HSC
How much prac work do the other unis offer? Secondary teachers at UNCLE get 18 weeks over the 4 years, plus some observation days in first year, and depending on your course, other contact in later years, for example my course had us designing, setting, and marking an assessment task for a local highschool.

For us, 18 weeks is well above requirements, but I think I heard that for primary courses, that the minimum requirement is more than that of us secondarys?

Datto120

HSC
Last year i volunteered at a special Ed school this year i am planning to volunteer at a primary school one day a week. I am hoping that will help me be more confident in a class room since i dont do as much prac in my course

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Volunteering is the way to go... not only to help with your confidence, but you get to see how other teachers work etc...

AND the teachers at the school get to know you, so that once you have graduated.. you're a familiar face around the school and probably have a good chance of getting some casual work..

SJ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)