Bach of IT callbacks (1 Viewer)

quesera

HSC
tubby said:
A person who performed outstandingly well in their interviews, would probably be offered a position even if their UAI was 91 or 92...etc. Probably telling you stuff that 'quesara' had already mentioned. (I know who you are!!!! 'quesara')
i am testament to that :p

hehe tubby i know who you are too!!!!
thnx for advice for my industry presentation
went really well
and now it's all over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xlr9

HSC
N/A
quesera said:
i am testament to that :p

hehe tubby i know who you are too!!!!
thnx for advice for my industry presentation
went really well
and now it's all over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gr8 work. are you in?

nanabite

HSC
GAH! UNSW want me too.. I have to make my mind up by lunch. Just got off the phone with Des and he's made my decision even harder. Once I talk to my careers advisor I'll make up my mind. (any tips for/against from you guys could be good too).

nanabite

HSC
After very much deliberation, dozens of phone calls and the drawing of numerous comparison tables I have decided on UTS.

Pros for UTS:
  • More practical course
  • Tighter industry links (eg Cisco run Internetworking, etc)
  • Well recognised course in the IT industry
  • State of the art facilities
  • Closer to public transport
  • Fast-tracked program
  • More electives
  • They contacted me first - I had time to get my head around it
  • School friend going there and I already e-know 4 people in the course :D
  • Seems "friendlier" (ie Des)

Pros for UNSW:
  • Open campus environment (grass!)
  • More presigious university
  • More industry placements
  • Slightly better looking girls
  • Higher profile program

Factors I found irrelevant:
  • Honors is offered optionally in the 4th year at UTS, the university can supply up to $5000 financial support, however this varies. 4th year at UNSW is compulsary and scholarship money is only paid in the 1st semester anyhow.
  • UNSW is far more business oriented, however with 5 electives at UTS you can choose to drive your degree towards the business side of things if you prefer.

Factors I ignored:
  • The girlfriend factor, although this is disputable as it is just as likely she'll be going to USyd as she is UNSW.. and that's close to UTS anyway :D

Osiris8732

I think we all know you made the right choice....
Thankfully now i still have someone to teach me everything when i dont pay attention

xlr9

HSC
N/A
I'll 2nd osiris. Good call nana. That was a well thought out post. What did Des say when you called him? Was he sympothetic to both of the possible directions or did he try 2 sway you back to UTS?

nanabite

HSC
xlr9 said:
I'll 2nd osiris. Good call nana. That was a well thought out post. What did Des say when you called him? Was he sympothetic to both of the possible directions or did he try 2 sway you back to UTS?
As soon as I mentioned UNSW Des said "Oh no!", but I explained that I got the offer today and it would be unfair of me not to consider both offers. He helped explain the differences to me and confirmed/unconfirmed some of the opinions I had of each course. Obviously he had bias towards UTS and confirmed it a "wise choice" when I rang back to accept the offer for a second time :D

Osiris8732

Damn government, i just found out i cant get Abstudy (austudy for abo's) if i have a scholarship, stingy bastards!

aditya

HSC
lol sorry if I hit a nerve before about my comments i was just saying that i thought a scholarship program would persue a more repuatble prestigious approach rather than what i experienced....

and i don't think you were correct about my letter as i dint get a call!!! i wish i did though :'(

xlr9

HSC
N/A
Osiris8732 said:
Damn government, i just found out i cant get Abstudy (austudy for abo's) if i have a scholarship, stingy bastards!
What IS austudy? I am classified by Centrelink as being independant and I get youth allowance. Who kind of students are eligible to receive austudy?

xlr9

HSC
N/A
aditya said:
lol sorry if I hit a nerve before about my comments i was just saying that i thought a scholarship program would persue a more repuatble prestigious approach rather than what i experienced....

and i don't think you were correct about my letter as i dint get a call!!! i wish i did though :'(
There is still hope. I suspect a few of the successful UTS BIT applicants will bail over to the unsw co-op program - offers for the co-op started tues I think. (btw) did you apply for the unsw IT co-op? How'd you go in your hsc?

Last edited:

m1nx

HSC
WOOOO!!!!!! i got in too!
just got the news - from PARIS!! in some weird cafe with a strange keyboqrd and everyone else doesnt quite understand what im woohooing bout
congrats to everyone else, guess i,ll be seeing you guys on enrollment! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)