Bachelor arts/ bachelor education (secondary) reviews! (1 Viewer)

frangipani94

HSC
Hey everyone!

I have just applied for the bachelor arts/ bachelor education (secondary) for semester 2 intake.
I have a few questions:

1. The double history major...does that include both ancient and modern subjects?
2. if i choose to major in the double history does that mean I am still entitled to minor in legal?
3. What is the course like in general?
4. In the future I want to apply for international exchange in the US. Is this competitive to get a spot?
5. Are there UNSW buses that are free from central station?

Thank you for answering my questions =)

so_what

HSC
Hi there,
I do BA/B.Ed at UNSW, I'm in second year and I plan on going on exchange next year.

1. The double history major does not mean ALL your arts subjects will be history. The double history major means you need to take a minor in a subject. This is from the UNSW handbook:
Minors which are suitable as a supporting Minor for double History are as follows:
Asian Studies
Australian Studies
Environmental Humanities
European Studies
Indigenous Studies
International Relations
Politics
Sociology and Anthropology

2. See Q1.
3. It's okay. History in first year is pretty blah, but it gets A LOT better in second year. Education is pretty boring but it is not very difficult so it's all good. But UNSW is brilliant in general.
4. All exchange is competitive, more so if you want to go to the US. I read somewhere that something like 60% of people wanting to go on exchange choose the US. So you would need a really good WAM (weighted average mark) to get a spot. But you get to talk to an exchange advisor who will tell you if you are likely to get in or not.
5. Buses are not free from central. You need to pay using either MyBus tickets or using the MyMulti tickets.

Refer to: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2013/4054.html for more information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)