Bachelor Medical Science cut off (1 Viewer)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Hey everyone,
do you think the cut off for this will jump much for next year? it was 94.45 last year and that was up from 93.?. do youthink more people will be applying this year?

If i do around what my school rankings are i should manage a 96-98.5 or there abouts. im not really sure though

thanx

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i dont think it will. I think there was an increase in UAI cutoff last year was because for us (the 05ers) some increase was going to result, thus there was a large rush for everyone to get into uni, including older students etc. I dont think it will go any higher than it is.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
kimmeh said:
i dont think it will. I think there was an increase in UAI cutoff last year was because for us (the 05ers) some increase was going to result, thus there was a large rush for everyone to get into uni, including older students etc. I dont think it will go any higher than it is.
due to the reform to hecs, i think the university will actaully have more hecs places for students, as now they are able to set their own fees for each individual courses with in a range....

so yea, expect to pay alot more at usyd, but the uai will not jump as such i guess....

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
i'd say not to shit yourself worrying. The UAI cut-off at usyd is only an indicator
You can still get under the written cut-off and still get a place depending on the competition. If you get about 93 this year you might have a good chance of getting a place.
I know someone who got 91.3 and got in 2003

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
a cut off is not simply a cut off
I have friends that got into Adv science as well with a UAI 2-3 points below the cut-off
This was mentioned in the handbook somewhere. I dont remember i graduated in 02'
They can look at their maths/science marks and let them into the course based on that.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
you're also forgetting there is such thing as late round offers.
But most are being phased out because rich dumb kids are getting into courses via full-fee.
Yes, damn the Liberals
Johnny can go suck cock

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Late round cutoffs for popular courses tend to be ten points HIGHER than in the main round.

Also, the number of HECS places is still set by the Government, as they still have to pay for everyone in the immediate term.

The Universities are able to offer places based on performance in individual subjects, but it is quite rare and definitely not something to rely on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)