Bachelor of accounting at uts (1 Viewer)

keropi

HSC
N/A
hey
i recently got interested in the Bachelor of accounting at uts. Does anyone on BOS do this course?. if so, what levels of maths is required for this course?. are the interviews to get into this course gruelling. Is it true that you only go to uni at night since you have your work experience during the day? Please post any feedback anyone has about this course.

ishq

brown?
HSC
keropi said:
hey
i recently got interested in the Bachelor of accounting at uts. Does anyone on BOS do this course?. if so, what levels of maths is required for this course?. are the interviews to get into this course gruelling. Is it true that you only go to uni at night since you have your work experience during the day? Please post any feedback anyone has about this course.
Hey Keropi!
There are a couple of BAcc's on BoS. (I'm one)

All the stuff you asked for (and more) is posted in the Business/Law Section in the UTS forum http://community.boredofstudies.org/125/faculty-business-law/

It is an amazing course!
Good Luck!

politik: 2 unit maths is not required. no level of math is required. we have a girl who did no maths. we have a couple of people who did general. at the other end, we also have 4u people. so - don't worry about subject selection :D

Last edited:

sighm0an

teh_pwnage
HSC
Its PLus and Minus FTW! =D

Thats all you need to know.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
An understanding of calculus may help in Economics. Also doing things such as logs/powers/subsituting also helps for Finance subjects.

yook

HSC
wow ishq u got 99.4 n you chose to do B.acc ?!
do u mind me asking why?
if its because of the work exp/$$ why didnt you go for a co-op at at unsw instead?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I think she got the scholarship at UTS?

ishq

brown?
HSC
yook said:
wow ishq u got 99.4 n you chose to do B.acc ?!
do u mind me asking why?
if its because of the work exp/$$ why didnt you go for a co-op at at unsw instead?
I think BAcc is seriously underestimated. It is the best accounting co-op out there (despite the prestige attached to UNSW) - and if you want to get into the economic world, there is no better avenue. i mean, just check out the list of the sponsers *drool*, plus the people and course structure is amazing :)

Oh, and the money. :D

turtleface

HSC
wow I just had a look at the UTS BAcc program, its amazing! especially the money and the training and bonding programs they have.

did i mention the money? lol

though i'm happy with my melbourne uni money, it would have been good to have something like that in victoria too. sort of like an elite accounting program

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone wanna make a comparison between UNSW and UTS coops? I really don't know the diff's and the prestige comparisons!

... as for 2u maths- I know that's a requirement for UNSW Commerce... so maybe you got confused with the UNSW Accounting coops?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Its 'sponsors' Ishq deary :p

Sorry I had to do that. Procrastinating from bio.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Aaahhh! Bio Bludger! :D:D

seremify - BAcc is considered better in the industry - better sponsOrs, better program structure etc. But UNSW, as a uni as a pretty good reputation. Either way, its a good deal.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep definitely. If you can score a cadetship or coop/scholarship in accounting- then it's definitely a good way to get a foot in the door of the industry *thumbs up*.

ishq

brown?
HSC
sikeveo said:
*wishes* macq bank was a sponsor. :(
Why it is!
Macq Bank and Goldman Sachs :)

You know you want to leave UNSW sikeveo :)

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Nope :p Bsc/Mcom/Mba, macq bank here i come ;)

Do you get any IT at Macq bank?

ishq

brown?
HSC
i would have no idea. i just pretend to know it all :)
but yeah bio > eco ANY DAY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)