Bachelor of Accounting scholarships (1 Viewer)

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
hi
i was wondering if anyone got this scholarship
and if it's achievable? i'm not a sports captain or school captain or dux or anything, but i am fairly involved in musical activities and represented my school for it and stuff, and i'm aiming for a UAI of 95 (don't know if i can get it though :p)
if you don't know what i'm talking about have a look at www.bachelorofaccounting.com

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I know a girl from school who got it, but she was involved in everything. It's definitely achievable, but you really REALLY need to sell yourself to get it. MAKE THEM BELIEVE that they want you.

karnevil

HSC
yeah i know heaps of people doin it this year, theyre all champs... one chick from my school got into it... she got 99.95 and was our school captain, amongst about 100 other things

aditya

HSC
i wouldve done bcom/law at usyd if i got that!!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I got an interview for this scholarship back in 2001, for the 2002 intake. My marks weren't really that high though, and it was obvious that I wasn't going to get above 95 from my marks, but I had quite a few extra curricular activities from school. It's quite a tough program to get into, but its definately achievable if you put it the effort. It's pretty much like a job interview.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
99.95?
if i'd gotten that, i'd be ... someone else. :D
what kinda questions do they ask at the interview?

lilbubblefish

you could probably contact some of those students by emailing the people at the www.bachelorofaccounting.com website.
The BAcc students do regular school visits to tell students baout the course.
It's a pretty good scholarship, totaling about $34500 over 3 years.

You should also go to www.smudgebalm.com because the bachelor of accounting students are doing a fundraising activity for Young Achievers Australia. Maybe you could contact them through that!

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
Originally posted by lilbubblefish
you could probably contact some of those students by emailing the people at the www.bachelorofaccounting.com website.
The BAcc students do regular school visits to tell students baout the course.
It's a pretty good scholarship, totaling about $34500 over 3 years.

You should also go to www.smudgebalm.com because the bachelor of accounting students are doing a fundraising activity for Young Achievers Australia. Maybe you could contact them through that!

hey cool,
thanks!
are you going for it as well, or is it just a coincidence that you know all this? :D

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
You don't necessarily need a 95+ UAI. Some guy's doing it this year and he got 89. The questions aren't wierd so that they put you off, they want to see how your brain works and how you think (well thats what I was told).

Last edited:

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
89? that's more realistic :p
was he into EVERything? or did he hold a position at school like captain of whatever?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by Crikket
89? that's more realistic :p
was he into EVERything? or did he hold a position at school like captain of whatever?
yeah he probably was into every extra curricular activity he possible could be involved with. By the sounds of it, they don't let too many people in with a UAI of 89...but it is possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)