Bachelor of Arts - Music Major (1 Viewer)

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Ok, so I'm planning to do a Bachelor of Advanced Science and a Bachelor of Arts combined degree.

I want to major in music as part of the BA and I'm trying to find out what the admission requirements exactly are. I've done some research on admission requirements and I've tried e-mailing the Arts faculty but they haven't given me a straight answer on whether or not I have to audition to be a music major.

Also, I've had a look on the Con website at the UAC course codes and the Bachelor of Arts does not appear there on it's own; only as part of the B Arts/B Music Studies combined degree. So will I get to study at the actual Con or on the Camperdown campus? It's very confusing.

If anyone could clear this up for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :)

<3

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
You can find the information you want in the Arts handbook - start on p. 50. There are two levels of entry, advanced and beginners - beginners requires no qualifications, advanced requires 67% or higher in Music 2 'or equivalent', whatever that means. Doesn't say anything about an audition.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
You should contact Arts Music directly (contact details at www.artsmusic.info), and find out what the procedure for your year is. The Arts Music unit is part of the Sydney Conservatorium, but is based in the Seymour Centre on main campus with classes administered through the Arts Faculty, so you should refer instead to the Arts handbook or to the artsmusic.info website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)