Bachelor of Aviation Students? Question (1 Viewer)

Some Guy

HSC
Is anyone here doing the flying stream for this course?

I am interested in taking up this course after I finish my HSC but right now I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I'm doing Phy and 3u Maths at school right now and I want to drop phy because I'm really not interested in most parts of this course and I havent been trying a lot in this subject.

So my question is, would I be serverely disadvantaged if I apply for this course in the future while not having done phy, although it is a 'recommended' subject for the course? and are there a lot of people doing this course right now?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hi Some Guy,

Hmm, I didn't go for the Bachelor of Aviation degree, though I did do some research upon this degree, since it was one of my 'favourites'.

As for certain course prerequisites like Physics, chemistry, even Biology that state that they are 'recommended' for the course, will not severely disadvantage you. Owing to the fact that in uni, they will re-teach that course to you via other similar or other courses. So...in other words, if you didn't do chemistry, but wanted to do a science degree which did involve chemistry, you can still complete the degree, just that you may need to spend abit of extra time upon this course, because background information does help.

Or, on the other hand, the more simpler way is:

If you're concerned that the course you're taking requires physics 2 UNIT HSC in some way, you can always apply for a physics summer course, i.e. right before university starts around Dec - Jan. But most of the time, it's okay to undertake a course which says something like 'recommended', because it usually within your first year courses within the degree, it will revise most HSC material.

Usually in the 2nd Semester courses, do they actually start teaching you new things.

Hope this somehow helped, sorry for my confusing reply!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)