Bachelor of Commerce and Economics (1 Viewer)

appleibeats

HSC
Is anyone doing a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Economics dual degree. Just wondering if its interesting and what job prospects that awaits you. I am tossing up between that and a Comm/Law degree. Not sure which one to do.

asi9

HSC
An additional law degree lets you pursue a law career. An additional economics degree lets you pursue an economics career (think RBA). Everything else is the same.

psyc1011

#truth
HSC
It's a good combo, especially if you will pick a major in commerce that would receive mutual benefits from the realms of economics or vice-versa.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Is anyone doing a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Economics dual degree. Just wondering if its interesting and what job prospects that awaits you. I am tossing up between that and a Comm/Law degree. Not sure which one to do.
take the one you're interested in

are you interested in that field?

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
A lot of students take commerce/economics double because they are sure they want to work in a business field, but are unsure which part of business. Three years is a short time to decide your future (or your next decade at least). Commerce/economics provides two qualifications which are very similar, and allows students greater breadth across the business school. I'd guess and say its the most common commerce dual degree.

HSC
I originally enrolled in commerce/economics at the beginning of the year. I have decided to drop to a single commerce degree for a few reasons. I thought that economics as a double really overlapped with commerce and there was marginal value in obtaining three majors in the degree as opposed to two in the single commerce degree. The upside to commerce/economics and commerce/law is that there is more time to build your CV through experience and ecs which you need in the competitive job market. I have decided to do a fourth honours year in finance as i have heard from friends in the finance industry who have been part of the recruitment process to big banks that it would add considerably more value to a commerce degree than a double in economics. He also mentioned that commerce/law is looked favourably upon in the industry, albeit i have no idea of your career aspirations. Obviously you pick what interests you, one degree is not necessarily better than another but its what you make of it and the experience you gain and effort you put in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)