bachelor of commerce in marketing, tourism and hospitality managment (1 Viewer)

HSC
bachelor of commerce in marketing, tourism and hospitality managment
hey

im confused as to how to get into this course? such as whats involved in the interview and if there is a uai reqiurement....etc
and peoples view to this course....

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
you should download the application form from www.marketing.unsw.edu.au and send it back to uni attached with ur resume by a certain date... the website should specify this.
Later on, they would notify you whether you have made it to the interview stage.
the questions they ask u in the interview are really general, like
-why do you want to do this course? (may sound like a simple question, but it's surprising how many people cannot find an answer)
-where do you see yourself in 5 yrs time?
-what do u expect to gain from this course?
-what skills do u have?
-have you got any questions? (very important to ask questions!)
etc etc....

it's a really short interview...approx 5-10 mins and most ppl who attend it pass the interview. i remember about 60% of the applicants passed the interview last year. so after that, it all depends on your uai. they choose the top 45 students uai-wise...if they haven't changed anything for this year.
uai required is usually somewhere in the high 80s to low 90s

good luck!

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
This is a backdoor way to get into Commerce at UNSW. You could transfer mid-yr to normal BCom, I think (if you wanted to)

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
§eraphim said:
This is a backdoor way to get into Commerce at UNSW. You could transfer mid-yr to normal BCom, I think (if you wanted to)
why would it be a backdoor? The cutoff for marketing, tourism and hospitality managment is usually higher than normal commerce isn't it?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Eagles said:
why would it be a backdoor? The cutoff for marketing, tourism and hospitality managment is usually higher than normal commerce isn't it?
no, if anything, it would be lower because demand is way lower

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
UAI iz somewhere around 88-90.00, but I know someone who went in witout any interview.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)