Bachelor of economics at UNSW (1 Viewer)

sc10

HSC
Firstly, I attained an ATAR of 92.90 and can receive 2 bonus points from a band 5 in maths and last years cut off was 94.3, how likely is it to fluctuate that much?, so should I be able to get in?, Secondly, what is the course like and how good are the job opportunities after it. Help from anyone who is doing this course or knows anyone doing it will be much appreciated

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It won't fluctuate too much, maybe +/- 0.2 which you would probably make. As for job opportunities there's work in the government sector such as the RBA.

sc10

HSC
I've decided I want to do economics, now I just need to decide which uni. I'm leaning towards UNSW over USYD, does anyone know which you university would be better?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
^ Isn't UNSW better in terms of timetable flexibility? Hence you have more time off to focus on studies and a p/t or casual job if you wish. Trust me you do not want to go to USyd - our timetables are... out of the ordinary.

EDIT: However, both business schools are good and also both universities are part of the Go8. Which one would you like to attend? Which one is closer and more convenient to navigate around etc?

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
It won't fluctuate too much, maybe +/- 0.2 which you would probably make. As for job opportunities there's work in the government sector such as the RBA.
RBA is only open to postgrad students (Honors or above). Just a bachelors won't get you far in economics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)