Bachelor of Environments? (1 Viewer)

kenny.

HSC
yup. unfortunately you'll (most likely) be disappointed with the first year subjects. Hopefully they've fine tuned a lot of stuff for start of this year cos last year was all shambles since it was new course and everything.
What you plan on majoring in?

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I'd actually advise just doing the first year subjects, as kenny said some of them weren't completely ironed out for us due to them being the first time they were run and I would imagine that the case would be the same for the second year subjects this year. Ah, we're a lucky year that gets to test out new subjects every year of our course.

How can you do it in 2 1/2 years even doing second year subjects in first year though? As far as I can tell 3 years is the minimum if you complete the subjects required, unless you overload at some point in which case I would go back to my first point of waiting a year on the second year subjects.

greentsquare

HSC
How can you do it in 2 1/2 years even doing second year subjects in first year though? As far as I can tell 3 years is the minimum if you complete the subjects required, unless you overload at some point in which case I would go back to my first point of waiting a year on the second year subjects.

Well, considering that he has done bachelor degree/s before, he could get advance credits for the breadth component... so that instead of doing breadth in 1st year, he can do 2nd year subjects - may be 2nd year breadth, Environments elective or Major-related subject (which I doubt, since quite a few of them have 1st year subjects as prereqs). So yeah, it may be possible to do it in 2 1/2 yrs.

Oh, and I'm in the same boat. With Environments I mean. Hopefully it'll all turn better this year.

hoschke118

HSC
I'm interested in doing architecture somewhere but also like the idea of having other options for a major. I live in wollongong but was going to consider Melbourne uni anyway because of its good reputation.

This course sounds pretty cool and possibly exactly what I'm looking for, but I've heard complaints like this about the new system. Is it that bad? Would I be better off just going to USyd or UNSW?

kirbflare

HSC
you would probably be in the same boat if you went to any other university, I would probably think this would be a bit more competitive but at the same time it allows you to open your options, eg im thinking of swapping out of archi cos its TOO MUCH THINKING and if i wanna i can just choose other subjects instead of going through the whole course transfer thing... so i wouldn't call it "bad" but it is a bit tedious at times (but then again... what isnt?)

Magnifica

HSC
Hey guys, can anyone give me some more information on the more 'natural' side of this course? How does it compare to other aspects of the course, other courses etc?
Also if anyone could let me know about whether the course has become a lot better now that it's been through the rigors of the first, second and currently third years of the 'new' course layout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)