• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bachelor of Physical and Health Education at UOW (1 Viewer)

tomjones

HSC
Hey guys

I am looking to study a course that would get me into PE teaching next year. I was set on Sydney Uni until one of my teachers told me that Wollongong is the best and now im kinda tossing up between the two. Does anyone no anything about Bachelor of Physical and Health Education at UOW that could help me make my decision such as it reputation etc.

Thanks in advance

savio23q

Band
HSC
Well, I can't help you much, but I can tell you that my PDHPE and another teacher from the same faculty graduated from UOW. My teacher said it was a really good uni. I wouldn't be too fussed about which uni. Both are very good. USYD has a very good reputation in general and I'm sure UOW would be a great uni too.

mc110

HSC
Hi there. I studied PE Teaching at UOW and there is a few things you need to know. It's a really great degree and has a good reputation a main reason for this is that the sole focus of the degree is PE teaching. You do not need to have a second subject to complete your degree, Usyd however encourages you too do two subjects eg. PE and math ect. The main reason for this is that is really really hard to get a PE job in any school so most PE teacher end up doing casual or trying to get into PE by teaching another subject. Between my sister and I, I receive alot more support and UOW compared to my sister at USyd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)