Bachelor of Social Work (1 Viewer)

ane_st

HSC
not sure if this is the right section thingy to post... but i wanna ask if anyone here has done the bachelor of social work @ NSW???

i wanna do that course.... or social work/social science

did you like the course?? was it hard? etc.

Cheers :) :)

ane_st

HSC
I dont really think the UAI for this is any indication since it'll be the same course in sydney, NSW and WS...

All in all i have no clue :)

I hope to see you there *fingers crossed*

Juliet

HSC
Hey guys, omg soooo sorry for not seeing this thread sooner! Been so busy, but hey ane_st, i am a first year social work student at UNSW. This year's been my first year so mmmm i think i'm way to late but if you want to pm me or reply to this thread any questions on social work i'd be happy to answer for you.

so-nee-a

HSC
yea im planning on doing b social work / b arts at unsw too.

is usyd better for that? (b arts/ b social work)

im kinda lost about my major in arts too.. because if caught between development studies and history.

ane_st

HSC
Im now doing social work/social science

and i have no clue what i have to do for art electives in semester2

Niksta123

HSC
erin_tonkin said:
im doing social work in 08.. i deferred.. anyone else doing it then?
I'm sitting my HSC soon and I hope to being doing a BA of social work at UNSW in 2008! - i can't wait!!....

Anyone want to share their thoughts on the course at UNSW?

dsam

HSC
Hi,

I am interested in this course for next year. Does this course have career oppurtunities in humanitarian/aid organisations such as UNICEF and Red Cross? Thanks.

Juliet

HSC
dsam,

Considering my lack of experience in the area (being a second year) I can't really give you any kind of concrete answer, a question like that could be more suited to an academic or someone in the field. Ring up the Red Cross or UNICEF and ask them about their career opportunities. In the meantime since no one else has replied, here's my best not so concrete answer. Hope it helps, and good luck next year!:wave:

Some social work related jobs I found:

UNICEF

All require a Masters degree and at least 8yrs experience. From what I could read in the job descriptions plenty of the ‘base’ knowledge required can definitely be found in the social work program. For an entry level position UNICEF has a “Young Professional Programme”, basic entry requirements are a Masters degree and 3 to 5yrs relevant experience http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_ypp.html

Australian Red Cross

Both require a tertiary qualification and experience. Once again from the job descriptions heaps of the ‘base’ knowledge required could definitely be found in the social work program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)