Back to school HW diary tips needed (1 Viewer)

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys!
New year, new HW diary to write in. I find myself very organised at the start of the year by writing in my diary everyday but I tend to become lazy and forget to use it.
Anyway, I was wondering
- how often do you write in your diary?
- do you have any tricks to remember things such as using highlighters/coloured pens/sticky notes for each subject?
- do you record work or other activities?
- How do you record important dates?
- How do I make my diary appealing to write in?
Please share :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Heya,
I'll give you a tip for the diaries.

I put in important school due dates, important EC events, deadlines etc. in my diary (though disclaimer I was way more a wall planner, and had a colour highlighter for each type of school task due date and it was colour co-ordinated with my timetable so it was all pretty OCD). Meant I could know what was due for what with a glance and not forget ever.

The best thing I used the diary for (apart from due dates), is I'd use the side part to write down my to do list for the evening study and progressively plan'/add to it during the day or plan it during a free. That meant I didn't have to waste time thinking what to do first (highest priority) when I got home, it was already sorted. I'd even have an incentive to get it all done.

Like e.g.
1) Finish application and mail this afternoon
2) Read Ch3+Ch4 modern history reading, highlight and make brief notes
3) Do maths exercise 11.2/11.3
4) Write paragraph for Belonging essay
5) Summarise 2 bio dotpoints
Incentive: Watch the new episode of xyz TV show

I pretty much wrote in mine everyday. Hope some of these ideas of how to use it help :)

Also note to all frequenters of this thread, if you aren't going to offer genuine advice to the OP, please refrain from trolling in it.

Last edited:

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Everyday! I take 15 min of each day to plan what I'm going to do so I feel organised and if I need to do anything, I have a list ready :)

- do you have any tricks to remember things such as using highlighters/coloured pens/sticky notes for each subject?
I used to spam my diary with stick notes and stuff, but honestly, it's very individualised, so what works for me, won't work for you. Generally, I just lump everything all in one day/heading or whatever.

Yes, so I generally know how much work can potentially be done.

Just write them down

I bought a really nice diary from Kikki K and remind myself everyday I paid money to use it and I guess that motivates me enough to use it haha!

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Everyday! I take 15 min of each day to plan what I'm going to do so I feel organised and if I need to do anything, I have a list ready :)

I used to spam my diary with stick notes and stuff, but honestly, it's very individualised, so what works for me, won't work for you. Generally, I just lump everything all in one day/heading or whatever.

Yes, so I generally know how much work can potentially be done.

Just write them down

I bought a really nice diary from Kikki K and remind myself everyday I paid money to use it and I guess that motivates me enough to use it haha!
I'll keep that in mind, haha.

such_such

HSC
Diaries are necessary for me for homework (my memory is really bad) so usually after the class ends, write what still needs to be done. At home, cross off the work you do. Always write when assignments are due, school events (even room changes are good too). I think what makes a diary appealing is NEATNESS. If it's neat, it's more nice to look at and hence you would use it more often. (idk if that's just me).

For things that need immediate attention, or to plan my studies I write what needs to be done in a day on a whiteboard that's right in front of you when you look up from your desk. A piece of paper is fine too.

Btw, this is a page from my past diary http://puu.sh/6yDPe.jpg
My school gave us school diaries and I was probably the only person who used it haha. It works for me, and obviously not for everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)