background knowledge for projectile motion? (1 Viewer)

ititttitti

HSC
Hey everyone, I was just wondering what's the background knowledge for projectile motion? This is the topic that is going to be tested this term for 3U so I just want to know what I should do before starting to study projectile motion. Obviously vectors, but how about other things? Like trig differentiation etc.? Thanks!

Flise

HSC
Projectile motion becomes increasingly easier and mechanical the more you complete practice questions.

The main types of questions include:
Projecting an object from the origin
Projecting an object from above the origin
Finding the maximum height (i.e the turning point)
Finding the range (i.e the x-intercept)
Determining if two objects collide at a certain point

ColdMint123

HSC
Just have to be fluent with differentiation and integration. Also having a good understanding of parabolas (eg. where turning points occur, line of symmetry, etc) can be useful. I think with math however, it is more important to understand the content and use most of your time doing practice questions. For example, during my HSC i probably spent about 10% of my time learning the content and 90% of my time doing practice questions and understanding/fixing up the ones I got wrong.

Epicman69

HSC
Hey everyone, I was just wondering what's the background knowledge for projectile motion? This is the topic that is going to be tested this term for 3U so I just want to know what I should do before starting to study projectile motion. Obviously vectors, but how about other things? Like trig differentiation etc.? Thanks!
From experience, the only hard Projectile motions is where you need to do a lot of algebra to prove something, so I guess really polish up on some algebra, but other than that literally just integration and differentiation and also just being able to visualise how the projectile works I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)