Backpacks for uni (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Backpacks and shoulderbags are really designed for two completely different purposes, and you should buy based on which best suits your needs.

- A backpack provides maximum protection for laptops, has more room to fit books/food/etc, is considerably more practical if riding a bike, is also suitable for hiking.
- A shoulderpack is considerably more stylish, however fits less in it, goes with far more outfits (read can wear with a suit), however is impractical for hiking or day trips.

If backpacks is your thing then you can't go past STM, excellent design, excellent quality and a reasonable price. I have one, it's more for the day tripping/carryon luggage aspect than uni.

I'll be buying a shoulder bag tomorrow so watch this space for a reccomendation.

rach19

HSC
im planning on a hand bag and just carrying books. But I suppose if you live of campus a backpacks good. The ones from outdoor shops are probarbly stonger and more comfortable

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
That bag channels a lot of the gay into it. Can you handle that much of the gay sitting upon your spine?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I'm sure it would look pretty fetch with some Kanye slotted aviators....

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
whatever you do DON'T get a country road bag.. it kills your shoulders.

i cringe everytime i recollect the pain!
i agree! i had one for all of year eleven, and i just changed to an old dodgy backpack that fits less but country road bags kill your shoulders. especially when you have an hour's walk home =||. they look good though =]].

sorry for being a chime in a uni thread...

greekgun

HSC
Coles green bag ftw :D

Nah i havent even thought about it til now. I guess ill take a backpack or something, or just put the books in the back seat of the car and take em as i need em. But i guess ill decide after a couple of weeks of uni so i know wat type of stuff i need to hold my books.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Fucking everyone has country road bags, they're way homo. Seriously, for uni I just use a small black Caribee backpack. Nothing spesh but looks nice and tidy. But ya, if I can find that Mishka bag I will get it. CYMK represent.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
uni people use backpacks? :O
No, only the people on this thread. Most uni students use telekenisis and simply make their textbooks, laptops and stationary float along in front of them.

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
Fucking everyone has country road bags, they're way homo. Seriously, for uni I just use a small black Caribee backpack. Nothing spesh but looks nice and tidy. But ya, if I can find that Mishka bag I will get it. CYMK represent.
dude that mishka bag is fucking sweet, do you know of anywhere in syd that stocks the brand? or online?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
My backpack = my car boot. For the rest of the journey I use a novel item called my handbag + hands.

I have over 60 different styles of backpacks at work atm (surf shop), but the only people getting them are school kids. Go figure :p

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
i agree! i had one for all of year eleven, and i just changed to an old dodgy backpack that fits less but country road bags kill your shoulders. especially when you have an hour's walk home =||. they look good though =]].

sorry for being a chime in a uni thread...
you have to walk an hour to get home?

that's fucked up

HSC
No, only the people on this thread. Most uni students use telekenisis and simply make their textbooks, laptops and stationary float along in front of them.
HOGWARTZ?!

Riet, that bag is fucking hideous.

My choices are: (excuse blurry webcam shots)

a) handbag for short days:

or

b) backpack if I need more room:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)