Backpacks in lectures (re: 8) (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Doctor_Z
do you bring your backpack into the lecture room
what would you do with it if you were not to take it in?

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah it would be wise to take ur backpack into the lecture room.. never leave anything unattended in uni..

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Doctor_Z - i LOVE your avatar!! You like chickens too?? :D :rolleyes:

oh, and yeah, take your backpack with you

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Try not to bring too much stuff to uni. Those lecture theatres are a bitch. You can barely fit anything under the seat, A4 lecture pads only JUST fit on those tiny flip-tables, and if people can't get past you because your bag is in the way they'll just step on it.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
*agree... esp those theatres where u don't flip the tables DOWN, u flip them UP from the side... one push and they topple forwards dumping all ur stuff under the person who's in the row in front (who also happens to be a metre below you) so that in the end u can't reach ur stuff till the end of the lecture... =P boo

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
lol i hate that

*dump* 'oh crap'... 'Err can u?...thanks'
and there goes 10mins of ur lecture... spent with everyone watching YOU.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I remember the Usyd Physics lecture theatre had a bench in front of every seat, so you could put your bags up there with your books, they slanted down towards you so they'd only fall on you.

UoW isn't like that though, they have flip tables, meaning a shoulderbag might need to be bought for uni.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
But the Usyd lecture theatres (old ones) are OLD, designed when space in lectures wasn't at a premium. Not to mention the fact that there were no women (and handbags etc) to stow. Men came in with their quills and inkpots (which went into the inkpot-holes) to scratch calculations onto their parchment...and left. No bags, no flip tables.

Woe to progress...

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I hate UNI tables, cos you can't fall asleep on them like you could during boring high school calsses. As soon as you start drifting off, the tabletop flips away!:p

Everyone takes their bags into the lecture room, if you left it outside, I can pretty much guarantee you'd be the only one with their bag sitting out there! They do have lockers at UNI, but thats pretty unecessary, just take you're stuff with you.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah, you're not supposed to bring your textbooks in either. All you need is food, paper, stationery and equipment (calculator, labcoat, dissection kit or USB flash drive. Whatever your course demands).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I usually have food, notebook and a pen on my desk during lectures

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)