Bad ATAR if Im doing 11 or "10 units?" (1 Viewer)

rebeccatommo

HSC
Hi,
So basically I am on 11 units but its mostly counted as 10 because I do catholic studies.
The subjects I do are:
Design & Technology
Ancient History
English Standard
Catholic Studies
Visual Arts
General Maths

My ATAR aim is to get 70+ because thats usually the mark to get into Graphic Design at most universities and thats what I want to do.
My teacher at school keeps saying if you have 10 - 11 units you dont have enough "wriggle worm" per say.
So am I just going to eff up my HSC because I have 10-11 units?
Kinda freaking out over here.

Thank you.

iBibah

HSC
Hi,
So basically I am on 11 units but its mostly counted as 10 because I do catholic studies.
The subjects I do are:
Design & Technology
Ancient History
English Standard
Catholic Studies
Visual Arts
General Maths

My ATAR aim is to get 70+ because thats usually the mark to get into Graphic Design at most universities and thats what I want to do.
My teacher at school keeps saying if you have 10 - 11 units you dont have enough "wriggle worm" per say.
So am I just going to eff up my HSC because I have 10-11 units?
Kinda freaking out over here.

Thank you.
The only reason why it is frowned upon by most teachers is that you don't have a 'back-up' for if you screw up a subject.

If you believe you can do well with the 10 units, then there shouldn't be anything to stop you. There is no point in having a 'back-up' if it is treated as a back-up, and no effort is put into it. Because then it won't count, and it's failed it's purpose, and the time spent on it (if any) could have been used for other subjects. If you think you can put in a consistent effort the whole year on 10 units, it's best to go for 10 units. Why keep an extra one just for your teacher if it won't get you the ATAR you want?

shinebright

HSC
11 units is fine. If you're studies aren't that strong at school, 10 units may be risky

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
11 units is fine, just back yourself, put in the work and the chances of 'screwing up' will decrease. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)