Bad exam mark (1 Viewer)

lidess23

HSC
Hey everyone. I need some tips to bounce back from a bad mark in ext 1 maths. My school is a top 10 school, andI usually get in 97-100% range for maths. But this time I got an 85%, and idk how to deal with it. The exam was primarily perms and combs, with a few questions on some other topics. Any tips on how to bounce back? I’m aiming for a 99.5+ for med, and I doubt such marks in year 12 will get me that atar. Thanks everyone

dumNerd

HSC
Hey everyone. I need some tips to bounce back from a bad mark in ext 1 maths. My school is a top 10 school, andI usually get in 97-100% range for maths. But this time I got an 85%, and idk how to deal with it. The exam was primarily perms and combs, with a few questions on some other topics. Any tips on how to bounce back? I’m aiming for a 99.5+ for med, and I doubt such marks in year 12 will get me that atar. Thanks everyone
In a top 10 school you don't need to worry too much. Usually in a top 10 school the top 10-20ish people for X1 get >97 anyway (unless you consider 2022 where the exam was abnormally hard because of the last question resulting in lower scores but better scaling) which already equates to a high 99 atar. I assume your ranked highly based on your past performance so not a big deal.

As an example usually my top 5 school has the top 20 people getting 98 for X1 :) [except for last year where even top 10 was only 96]

hehe43

HSC
Bruv you're in Year 11 and it's 85%, not that bad. If you want to improve from this result look at what questions you got wrong and analyse your exam technique. If you don't know the content we'll enough then study that, if your exam technique was poor then do a bunch of practice exams, also prelims can help with it bc you'll be more experienced when you actually start year 12.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Brooooo WHAT DID I TELL YALL!!!! These Perms and combs man. Legit I had the same thing happen to me where I averaged around that 95-100% mark previously but I got absolutely abused by those god damn perms and combs qns and there was an assignment the term before that (where I and several other students got mislead by a teacher who didn't mark the assigment) so my average for the yr now is a 91.4% 😭 (IN A MFING RURAL SCHOOL SO THAT MAKES IT 1000x worse). Back to ur qn tho, tips I'd prolly give you is remember to treat qns in exams like you would in the ucat and section out easy marks and the ones that will take a longer time to calculate. Another thing is, from what I can see from your post, it seems that you have become crazy stressed over yr 11 marks, indicating that you may suffer from lots of anxiety whilst you do your exams, which often leads to you focusing more on the consequences of not doing well rather than actually fully trying to prevent that by applying what you know into the paper. Meditation will most likely help. Always note that there's heaps of time to improve, and prelims are coming up, which is likely your best chance to move up in rank if you rlly even care that much (given yr 11 doesnt count towards anyhting).
91.4% isn't bad lol. Plus although going from 97-100% and then getting 85% may seem like a big drop, it isn't and shouldn't be an issue.

Tribunal

HSC
you think 85% is bad in ext 1 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)