• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bad Teachers (1 Viewer)

Zeber

HSC
10-15 minutes with a teacher will porbably benefit as much as 1-2 hrs with the same teacher teaching a group.

partyanimal

HSC
hey i need some tips

what do you do when you have a really shitty teacher and you really want to go to another class

do u threaten the head teacher of that subject that you are going to drop out????

oh yeah, when i asked my english head teacher to change teachers, she told me she would take me to court

I MEAN OMG THE COURT!!!! :shouting:

and the teachers in my school have the worst attendance record, and they are getting lazier and lazier by the minute, and they all take at least 4 weeks overseas holiday during the school term (one of mine went for a whole sememster!!!)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
partyanimal said:
hey i need some tips

what do you do when you have a really shitty teacher and you really want to go to another class

do u threaten the head teacher of that subject that you are going to drop out????

oh yeah, when i asked my english head teacher to change teachers, she told me she would take me to court

I MEAN OMG THE COURT!!!! :shouting:

and the teachers in my school have the worst attendance record, and they are getting lazier and lazier by the minute, and they all take at least 4 weeks overseas holiday during the school term (one of mine went for a whole sememster!!!)
If you are in HSC year, YOU are the one who is supposed to work. Seriously, don't blame teachers for your poor mark except the case when they mark your paper poorly. That is THEIR fault if they mark paper poorly. Teachers are basically there to guide you.

simmowrites

HSC
I had what i considered to be a bad teacher for english. They were seemingly impossible to please and so for the first three terms i didn't bother with the subject, concluding that the teacher was an idiot and that nothing i did would please her. I came 28th in the year and got something like 55% in my prelim yearly exam. This term I decided that even though I had the same teacher, it was a clean slate and that I was going to do well no matter what anyone said. We did an assessment task and I was determined to prove to her that I was actually putting in an effort and wasn't crap at the subject. I got 100%.
The work I put into it was pretty hectic but it was worth it to see the look on her face and the sense of achievement. Its got nothing to do with the teacher, its got everything to do with your perspective and with the amount of work you put in as a result. Good Luck with Year 12! :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
simmowrites said:
I had what i considered to be a bad teacher for english. They were seemingly impossible to please and so for the first three terms i didn't bother with the subject, concluding that the teacher was an idiot and that nothing i did would please her. I came 28th in the year and got something like 55% in my prelim yearly exam. This term I decided that even though I had the same teacher, it was a clean slate and that I was going to do well no matter what anyone said. We did an assessment task and I was determined to prove to her that I was actually putting in an effort and wasn't crap at the subject. I got 100%.
The work I put into it was pretty hectic but it was worth it to see the look on her face and the sense of achievement. Its got nothing to do with the teacher, its got everything to do with your perspective and with the amount of work you put in as a result. Good Luck with Year 12! :)
That's quite inspirational. Well done and good luck.

dp624

HSC
simmowrites said:
100% wow. Good luck to you!

08er

HSC
with bad teachers there are generally 2 ways to deal: teach yourself or get a tutor. if the teacher is bad at marking/biased then consult the principal as there is nothing you can do on a personal level.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
ive got one of the worst teachers for physics, he always gets his facts wrong and doesnt explain in detail, i heavily rely on tuition to help get me through, just like pretty much the rest of the top 5 students...
same with our chem teacher, she ALWAYS relies on her various 'sources', getting photocopies of the textbook or study guide and handing it out to us, telling us to just do it - no assistance given, and at the end she just reads off the answers in the book.

thommy

HSC
N/A
IMO, teachers have a huuuuuuuuuuge impact on the student's success. It is their job to teach, they get paid for it, so do it well, or don't do it. My SOR and English teachers were great, my Maths and Business teachers in between. Then you have my Eco, Food Tech and Ancient teachers, who more than half the lessons said, "Summarise from textbook". That's not teaching, that's just completely lazy, for something for which you are getting paid. It was a waste of time sometimes going to the lessons in these 3 subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)