Bad Uni Timetables! (1 Viewer)

dr.denk

HSC
Hey guys after 2 hours of enrolling today i finally came up with my timetable :D

And guess what In the first semester every tuesday from 1 till 4 i have a break :D:D:D:D Great aye?

And then in spring, guess what i have a friking 5 hour BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE WHAT THE HELLL MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

From 11 till 4 and then i have a lecture and a prac like OMGWTFBBQ?????

Like in all honesty, gg science timetable lmao.

What is there to do for 5 hours?? I know i can study and eat for abouyt 3 of them, but then the last two, and ill bee so damn tired afterwartds for my next two classes lmao.

Like, seriously, i had nothing that would fit on a thursday between 11 and 4.

Oh and most of my subs are like messy lmao. I have like 4 diff things on the same day and tuts like one 4 days apart from their lectures lmao.

What HAVE I DONE???????????????????

And who should i contact about problems with my timetable??? It sais one of my physics lectures WHICH ARE AUTO LOCATED hasnt been found a time yet?? Like wtf? They have to have a time since i cant choose one for em lmao.

Anyways end of ramble, but omg uts is so nice and helpfull and building 10 is sooo sleek and sexy :D

krayzie_

HSC
Hey Dr.

I had the same problem, freaking long ass breaks, no way around them unless you don't go to the classes which were the latter which I did do a few times. To answer your question, I had friends who had the same break so you can explore the city? But that gets tiring the 3rd time around :D

Another suggestion is to go to sleep on the couches found everywhere, don't worry its normal, you'll see people sleeping everywhere =D

You should be able to move around if it's possible but other then that UTS won't be doing anything to make your timetable better without a very good reason.

If your science, then you will never see the inside of building ten again. HAHA

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
cant you just go home if you have a massive 5 hr break? Catch up on sleep, having lunch, do a bit of 'study' etc?

dr.denk

HSC
Yeh i dont really wanna go home, as ill have to catch the train and catching the train makes me tired man.

So ill rekon ill just study, eat and have a little snooze.

And some times ill go to building 10 and go into any lectures that are on :D:D:D:D:D

Though, who can i talk to at uts about my timetable?

Cause one of me lectures isnt showing up on the timetable and it sais the time etc when i click on it to choose a time :|

What building is science mainly in?

vorahk

HSC
despite the no recess n lunch on fri (class from 9-4), my autum timetable is pretty good :)

my spring timetable however.... yep, you re not alone, 5 hr break on thurs and a silly 1 hr lecture on friday zzz

well I guess thats how it is for a lot of other people too, oh well.

What I dont get is why we have to allocate the spring timetables so early!

efhat

HSC
yeh my timetable was pretty crap at first......5 days a weeks with like one lecture on each day!! but i changed it thru that link that musk provided......its easy, but be quick coz all the classes are filling up fast

krayzie_

HSC
Hey Musk,

I remember I went to some page last year and it showed me how much spaces were left in each prac/comp, but I can't seem to find it atm, do you know where it is?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
dr.denk said:
Yeh i dont really wanna go home, as ill have to catch the train and catching the train makes me tired man.

So ill rekon ill just study, eat and have a little snooze.

And some times ill go to building 10 and go into any lectures that are on :D:D:D:D:D

Though, who can i talk to at uts about my timetable?

Cause one of me lectures isnt showing up on the timetable and it sais the time etc when i click on it to choose a time :|

What building is science mainly in?
lectures for science is usually building 4 and 6.

dr.denk

HSC
How should you structure your timetale?

I.E i have physics, maths and chem all on the same dy, then i have a physics lecture at the end of the week and i have a tut for it like 4 days away. Is this good? lol, or should i try to make the same classes on the same day? Or tuts on the day after the lecture?????????

THis is really starting to bug me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krayzie_

HSC
dr.denk said:
How should you structure your timetale?

I.E i have physics, maths and chem all on the same dy, then i have a physics lecture at the end of the week and i have a tut for it like 4 days away. Is this good? lol, or should i try to make the same classes on the same day? Or tuts on the day after the lecture?????????

THis is really starting to bug me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you do it however it suits you, if you can get it on the same day then that means u won't need to go into uni on each day, for eg. i squashed all four of my subs into 3 days so i'm gonna be at uni only on monday, tuesday and thursday. wednesday and friday i'm going be sleeping in or working. So essentially I have four days off and three days at uni in a week so thats UBER good.

so yes, try to make a good timetable, and BTW if you have alot of practicals on one day it can get very tiring, try to aim for about 1 or 2 pracs per day and 1 or 2 lectures. much easier and stress free

its different from hs, where u got 5 day week. =]

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
yeh my timetable isnt great...i made it how i wnated it without taking in consideration the auto allocated subjects then when i got home to check it and print it i noticed they added them finally and put them like four hours away from the rest of the classes, but with a little manipulation of my timetable i managed to get wednesdays off on autumn semester...unfortunately its a 5 day week for me in spring...just like high school *sigh*

also do we get printed versions of our timetables later on or is tyat for us to arrange? cause i printed mine already but it still has info missing like the classroom etc :)

Cythen

HSC
so when do we actually get our timetables? i enrolled and finalised my preferences on monday, but on the "Allocations" page, my timetable is still blank - do I get it from somewhere else?

Cythen

HSC
^ lol nevermind, just spotted the fineprint: 22nd Feb

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
ok i just read the home page of the allocation adjuster for my timetable and i saw some of the instructions saying:
"Each activity group will contain a number of activities, of which you must attend one."...
does this mean if i have like lec, lec 2 and prc 1 for chemistry one i was only supposed to choose 1 lecture?...cause i put down all three on my timetable meaning im doin all three...is this wrong? :S

dr.denk

HSC
euro-dragon said:
ok i just read the home page of the allocation adjuster for my timetable and i saw some of the instructions saying:
"Each activity group will contain a number of activities, of which you must attend one."...
does this mean if i have like lec, lec 2 and prc 1 for chemistry one i was only supposed to choose 1 lecture?...cause i put down all three on my timetable meaning im doin all three...is this wrong? :S

Yeh i noticed that aswell.

However, i just noticed that i only have one tutorial per week in my autum semester and it goes for an hour.

Now im doing a Bsc in applied physics so i think i should have more tuts as im doing pretty hard subjects and i doubt that in that one hour i can get all my questions answered etc.

Does this look like a stuff up??????? Shouldnt i have more tuts??????

LostAuzzie

HSC
dr.denk said:
Yeh i noticed that aswell.

However, i just noticed that i only have one tutorial per week in my autum semester and it goes for an hour.

Now im doing a Bsc in applied physics so i think i should have more tuts as im doing pretty hard subjects and i doubt that in that one hour i can get all my questions answered etc.

Does this look like a stuff up??????? Shouldnt i have more tuts??????
None of the subjects I have done so far have had tutes (except maths) so no it probably isn't a stuff up.
And regarding the lectures, most subjects have more than one lecture per week that you need to go to which is why it has lec1, lec2 etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)