Balancing Uni and work life (1 Viewer)

UTRazilBay

HSC
Hi
So I'm considering doing civil eng at UNSW next year. But then I saw how crazy the engineering timetables are, it seems you can only get a minimum of 4 out of 5 days in an eng timetable. I was wondering if it was possible to undertake and engineering degree and still have time for a part time job? Or is alot of hw/study required on weekends?
It also takes me around 1.5 hr to get there, so thats a bit of a pain too.

michaeljennings

HSC
nah generally with the engo timetable, even though its 4 or 5 days you have heaps of breaks in between classes and stuff so you can get msot of your homework/study done on weekdays and have weekends free

UTRazilBay

HSC
Woops! Haha this was supposed to be in the general uni discussion.
Anyway, michael do you have a picture of a typical engineering timetable? just curious

madharris

HSC
N/A
I would think it would be pretty difficult to get a part time job with an engineering timetable, however it definitely is possible on weekends and such or maybe night time shifts.

I don't have anything near as packed as an engineering timetable, however I seem to be able to balance uni, work and a social life :)
You just have to plan your studying and social life around your timetable and work.
You also have to be disciplined, you can't have both the uni marks and a social life if you're not disciplined enough to study :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)