Band 1 responses. Funny as hell. (1 Viewer)

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
Yes, this is ENGLISH ADVANCED!

This was a link in Priestys blog. (<3 teh priesteh)

http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/standards-packs/SP02_15140/files/samples/q2_p1/q2_p1_b12_s3.pdf

The question:

In your letter, respond briefly to some aspect of their text. Then, describe a related experience (either real or imagined), in which you reflect upon a change in a person, place or time.

Do not use your own name and address.

The response:

Dear website designer,

Hey my name is D I really likes your website on the Inuit people and there new way of life, it was fun to read, I liked it because it reminded me when I first got the internet or even a computer It was a while back now I remember my friend asking me to come over for the first time I walked in she gave me a tour of her house and during that tour she took me to her dads office I walking in and was shocked he had to have had at least 6 computers in his office I didnt know what to do with myself I love all these electronical games and stuff and nintendo, I looked around the room looking for a place to try out my new nintendo control pad I could bring over next time I come visit but to no luck could find or even imagine where I could put it heck I couldnt even find where I would put the game after at least a 5 to 10 min exspechon I was in computer heaven finally she broke me out of my daze with the incetation to show me her room I walked in and to my amazement she to had a computer I didnt know whether to kiss her run around the house jumping up and down or just to stay there and keep a smile on my fave, luckly I my recomended amount of sleep that day and just smiled and looked at her then the computer and then her then computer until until she got the idea finally that those few little words came out of her mouth did you want to go on my computer, well I almost fainted. I managed to say a nice calm yes and we proceded to her computer ive never seen such a thing It was so amazing, and that was just the start up screen after 12 mins of watching the scree saver she said theres more to the computer than that I nearly had a heart attack when she said this and then she showed me THE INTERNET I was dumstruck never before had my eyes seen such a thing I didnt know

Loltastic.

melzii

HSC
HAHAHAHA! That's classic.
Anybody care to tell me what the word "exspechon" means?..

T

Testpilot

melzii said:
Anybody care to tell me what the word "exspechon" means?..
Expectation, maybe. From the context that seems right as it looks like the have tried to write 'exspection' (and yes i know that 'expection' isn't correct English, [expect with incorrect spelling and the incorrect use of ion]).

And in all honesty how is this an Advanced student?

Last edited by a moderator:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
lmao..it wld b even funnier if that was a band 2:p

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Now what criteria did that response happen to meet in order to achieve a Band 1 response...

Lack of content ..
Poorly structured ...
Unclear meaning ...

To be honest, I don't know how to anwer something like that ... yet.

Ozza

HSC
That was an absolute pearler!

Made absolutely no sense and confused the marker to an exponential degree... even more important, that counted as trying to answer the question... so they don't actually fail their hsc. Band 1 ftw! These people are modern day heroes lol

Emzyfo

HSC
Hahahahaha.

I love the great use of the English language - and the absolute masterpiece of creativity there. Geez, is this who we are competing against?

gmrqorsprite 8D

HSC
LOLZ !!
AHAHAHA MY FRIEND TOLD ME ABOUT THIS 8D 8D
Classic . xD
English good speaking I do ! D8

Ahaha xD

'it reminded me of the first time I used the internet' << WHAT ? *smack*

Bakaaa D:

timmmy555

HSC
man i thort i was bad at english and yes i am aware that thought is spelt t-h-o-u-g-h-t but i like msn a lot so i say thort

damn that guy is hopeless

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
hahah yeah , god that guy's writing is shocking ... and i used to think i was terrible at english.
ah well .. band 1 well deserved :p

xclo

HSC
does the board of studies really post up all the band 1 response? lol, it'd be funny to see some other subjects. but this one wasn't completely bad, it did have humour, i always thort that band 1 responses from eng adv were the one sentence responses that didn't sound like english... or maybe that was just rumours i heard

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
f3nr15 said:
Lack of content ..
Poorly structured ...
Unclear meaning ...
Sounds like BoS. But of course, everyone will say "no it ain't!" (or words to that effect), because they're the ones doing it.

Legham

HSC
Band 1's for other subjects are even funnier! (cause to do advanced english you generally know how to speak the language..) And you can get tons of samples from some board of studies website thing for all the different subjects from all the exams of nearly all the previous years! My engineering teacher showed us some last year for engineering :p haha, soo funny.
I can't remember how to get to the site that has them though..

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lmao...band 1, well =p at least they got marks for it!!:)

jest3r

HSC
I'm suprised this person actually got through year 7 - 10, let alone year 11 and 12, just by reading that response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)