Band 2 (1 Viewer)

gnrlies

HSC
Hello everyone...

I have given up with maths except for the fact that I need a band 2. Becuase I have been able to do well in all my other subjects, I am able to safely say that maths wont get counted towards my uai (I do 12 units). Now becuase I want to do a course next year than involves 2 unit maths with a band 2 as a prerequisite, I want to obviosuly achieve this - which is the reason I havent yuet droped, even though i do no work at home or in class..

Now I have been able to maintain passes in every test so far this year average beterrn 60 and 70 percent (probably closer to 70 than 60) howevor i dont thyink I will do as well in the trial. I am expecting anywhere between 40 and 60%.

Now I have always been of reasonable maths ability, and although ive never been brilliant at the subject, I am able to successfulyl cram enough the night before the exam anbd achieve at least a pass...

Now I need to know roughly where i need to achieve a band 2...

What raw mark will I need in the hSC roughly to achieve band 2..,. I really have no idea. I dont want to ask my teacher cos im afraid he will chuck a spaz cos im not trying.

So if anyone can give me a rough idea of where i need to be based on my current position that would be helpfull....

Huy

HSC
N/A
I'll share with you my ranks/marks, it'll make you feel better.

Year 11
CSSA 2002 Trial: 20 out of 120 (that's about 17%)
Assessment Mark: 62
Rank: 94th out of 105 (including Year 10 and 11 accelerants and all of Year 12 2U Maths)
HSC Mark: 65 Band 3

I did absolutely no work in Year 11 (accelerated 2U Maths, hahaha!)

Year 12:
Half yearly: 85 out of 120 (71%)
Current ranking: 12th or 13th.
CSSA Trial: Looking at 90+ out of 120 (75%)
HSC Exam: 100+ out of 120 (84%)

HSC Mark: Looking at a Band 5.
Final ranking (should be) 10th.

Just hang in there, I was being pressured into doing homework, completing assessments, passing exams (I would average 50%) etc. If you need a band 2 for your HSC mark, then you would have to REALLY pull your final HSC mark via the HSC exam, since you've already completed your trial (last assessable task).

All the best :)
And keep at it!

Affinity

HSC
band 2 means a pass.. so 50%, which shouldn't be too difficult if you put in some effort.

Go in the HSC, sit for three hours and do what you can, that should get you badn 2 EASILY

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Affinity
band 2 means a pass.. so 50%, which shouldn't be too difficult if you put in some effort.

Yep,
Band 1: 0 - 49
Band 2: 50 - 59

If you attempt all of the HSC questions, and say, get marks for half of the questions, that should do it.

Assessments will pull you up (although it's a bit late now).
Good luck :)

gnrlies

HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
such a laid back attititude~ gnrlies
Haha yeah

well its the opportunity cost of trying!

Me not trying in maths equates to more time in more interesting subjects!

Viper

HSC
Look... i understand it like this...

Even those people that score below 50% will have their marks scaled up... Everyone should get at least Band 2 unless they no no work at all.... So, just keeo a bit of work up for it and you'll be right... I am confident that anyone who doesn't just sit and do nothing in the exam (a non-attempt) will get Band 2 or above

Cheers

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
band 2 = didn't drop, basically. Writing on the page is an instant band 2 :p
Hope its the same for 4u :D

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
ye that :D

BTW, can someone else do your exam for you, like 4u maths, just get like someone who topped it last year to do it for you :D

Cinderella

OMG is this right?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Lexicographer
band 2 = didn't drop, basically. Writing on the page is an instant band 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cos ima fail reallyyyyy reallyyyyy bad. Only one of math units r gonna count. But dos that mean ill get a band 2?

young_gurl

im so worried bout maths...ive already decided that its not gunna be counted in my UAI cos im doing so well in other subjects...i got 35% for my trials and came 3rd...and im ranked 8th in the 2/3 unit course...but i dont wanna get a band 1 for maths...ive passed all my topic tests getting in the 70s will my asssessment rank help at all in pulling my marks up>?!

MrMiK

aww shoosh up.. im like 3rd last in my class.. 3rd last in the assess...
your in a much better place than me, and i think im in the average portion of the state... so that would make u above average...

ne way u rekon i could score a band 3.. like.. if i kill someone.. or hold someone hostage... any ideas.. anyone
kno ne1 on the board with a fam and kids... and the times they b home alone would be helpful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)