Band 5/6 Raw Mark Cut Off? (1 Viewer)

coz707

HSC
My teacher says that generally a 90+/105 will always get a Band 6, sometimes going down to 85 for harder exams.

Mr_Kap

HSC
My teacher says that generally a 90+/105 will always get a Band 6, sometimes going down to 85 for harder exams.
Raw mark of probably 77%-80% will probably be the boundary for a band 6. Compare raw marks to examination mark on rawmarks.info

rags29499

HSC
Do you think this year the exam was easier, and hence the alignment of marks won't be as good?

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Do you think this year the exam was easier, and hence the alignment of marks won't be as good?
If you didn't do well in the exam, chances are you're not going to be on this website and will be studying for your other exams. This results in more people who did well in their exams posting on the website. However, that doesn't mean everyone did well; those who did not do well still exist, and are studying way harder than you are.

"If a tree falls in the forest, and no one around hears, does it make a sound?"

So I suggest you do just that - forget about English and ace the other exams. Discipline yourself and avoid getting distracted. I do 3 hour bursts of memorization with the help of some Two Steps From Hell music in the background, then a short break. Rinse and repeat until you successfully memorized every book you have.

Last edited:

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
If you didn't do well in the exam, chances are you're not going to be on this website and will be studying for your other exams. This results in more people who did well in their exams posting on the website. However, that doesn't mean everyone did well; those who did not do well still exist, and are studying way harder than you are.

"If a tree falls in the forest, and no one around hears, does it make a sound?"

So I suggest you do just that - forget about English and ace the other exams. Discipline yourself and avoid getting distracted. I do 3 hour bursts of memorization with the help of some Two Steps From Hell music in the background, then a short break. Rinse and repeat until you successfully memorized every book you have.
Nicely Said

swagmeister

HSC
Raw mark of probably 77%-80% will probably be the boundary for a band 6. Compare raw marks to examination mark on rawmarks.info
I'll be absolutely stoked if that's the cutoff

Was thinking more 83ish

mkristie

HSC
I'll be absolutely stoked if that's the cutoff

Was thinking more 83ish
yeah I've heard it's between 80-83 but I feel like it'll be pushed up to around 83-85 raw this year given that the exam this year didn't seem particularly difficult.

swagmeister

HSC
yeah I've heard it's between 80-83 but I feel like it'll be pushed up to around 83-85 raw this year given that the exam this year didn't seem particularly difficult.
Yeah we'll see, for a first year I think Paper 1 was a bit difficult

Plus it's easy for me and you on others on here who are normally the high achievers to think things are easy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)