Band 6, Band 5,cutoffs? (1 Viewer)

KoshX87

HSC
Band 6: 75
Band 5: 56
Band 4: 42
Although i'm not all that familiar with the band 4 range and the database doesn't have any for chem in that range

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Remember with raw mark cut-off guys you have to take into consideration option scaling.

So if you did an option which scales better this year, your required raw mark would be a little lower than other options.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
It depends how it compares with the other topics in this particular test, probably average scaling considering, wasn't overly hard I thought.
It depends on the cohort who does that particular option as well. The 5 cohorts (one for each option) get compared using their core marks I think, and then scaling is applied to make it all even.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Nope, scaled.
A raw mark in the final HSC exam undergoes many changes before it reaches
a final aligned exam mark. Firstly, each subject’s marks are changed according to any
varying difficulties in option questions or prescribed texts. For example, in Advanced English
Module B, Hamlet may align better than Speeches (ie. a 13/20 in Hamlet may be “equal” to
a 16/20 in Speeches). These marks become the TWM (Total Weighted Mark) or what is
written down the bottom of a results check to be the “Raw Examination Mark.”

From the database.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)