Band 6 cut off-Geography (1 Viewer)

Toadin

HSC
the stupidity in this thread is amazing. To the op, the geo exam was pretty similar in difficulty to previous years and so band 6 cutoff will be low to mid 80's, i'd guess 83/84
Thanks mate, the only reason I asked was because i didn't have any idea, and that my prediction was a mere guess. hence the question. Also, in my opinion, the exam was easier, take the essay questions as examples... What you have to remember is that difficulty is subjective, so while you thought it was no different, i thought it was easier. I do agree though that the cut off will be mid eighties. But thanks for the input pal.

SanjoyM

HSC
92, dad works for hsc alignment.
I'm sorry, but does alignment not occur after all the raw marks have been processed, and they determine the spread/avg marks across the state? I mean, raw marks differ each year, but are they not determined AFTER all the raw marks have been processed, analysed and weighted? Ir would not make sense otherwise, as each year, responses and total raw marks across the state may differ. If a subject has more raw marks towards the 90's, it is probably deemed easier. However, if it has more raw marks towards 70's and 80's, it is probably moderately difficult, thus would align better.

Toadin

HSC
I'm sorry, but does alignment not occur after all the raw marks have been processed, and they determine the spread/avg marks across the state? I mean, raw marks differ each year, but are they not determined AFTER all the raw marks have been processed, analysed and weighted? Ir would not make sense otherwise, as each year, responses and total raw marks across the state may differ. If a subject has more raw marks towards the 90's, it is probably deemed easier. However, if it has more raw marks towards 70's and 80's, it is probably moderately difficult, thus would align better.

You are absolutely correct. Anything posted on here is pure speculation based on aligning fro
past years. In this being said, it is hard think that aligning differs considerably each year, despite difficulty...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)