band 6 hope gone (1 Viewer)

danz90

HSC
well tonight I realise my hope for a band 6 is gone.

the teaching program at school for module b centred around directorial readings of king lear... as well as close textual analysis of the play itself, rather than focusing on our PERSONAL interpretation. in all our assessments, trial responses etc.. it was apparently essential we emphasise the significance of modern directorial readings, and how they unearth different values of the play.

also.. i see how different other people approach responses for other modules. this may be bad OR good... its either I suck or THEY suck LOL

I find it hard to believe that i'll acheive the raw mark for a band 6 aligned mark. oh well.. did so well throughout the year and got a raw final assesment mark in mid 90s, plus 1st rank in eng adv.

lol i will comfortably be able to confirm this at 11.30 monday.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
danz90 said:
well tonight I realise my hope for a band 6 is gone.

the teaching program at school for module b centred around directorial readings of king lear... as well as close textual analysis of the play itself, rather than focusing on our PERSONAL interpretation. in all our assessments, trial responses etc.. it was apparently essential we emphasise the significance of modern directorial readings, and how they unearth different values of the play.

also.. i see how different other people approach responses for other modules. this may be bad OR good... its either I suck or THEY suck LOL

I find it hard to believe that i'll acheive the raw mark for a band 6 aligned mark. oh well.. did so well throughout the year and got a raw final assesment mark in mid 90s, plus 1st rank in eng adv.

lol i will comfortably be able to confirm this at 11.30 monday.
lol.
I seriously don't understand why the hell you'll even adopt that sort of thinking at all, esp at this stage of your HSC. If you want to continually focus on say how bad the situation is, what you don't know or you thinking that your interpretations are completely flawed and wrong, then I'll almost promise you that it'll reflect in your actions and in this sense, your marks.

I remember doing my HSC English exam, and I completely misinterperted one of the module questions, as well as a lot of other people. And in the end it was fine.

You have to learn not to let other people dictate, how you should approach something. If it worked all throughout the year, than what makes you think that it won’t work again?

Last edited:

danz90

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
lol.
I seriously don't understand why the hell you'll even adopt that sort of thinking at all, esp at this stage of your HSC. If you want to continually focus on say how bad that situation is, what you don't know or you doubting that your interpretations are completely flawed and wrong, then I'll almost promise you that it'll reflect in your actions and in this sense, your marks.

I remember doing my HSC English exam, and I completely misinterperted one of the module questions, as well as a lot of other people. And in the end it was fine.

You have to learn not to let other people dictate, how you should approach something. If it worked all throughout the year, than what makes you think that it won’t work again?
some nice words of wisdom there. :) :)

thinking about it now.. heck... since its worked for me all year... ill just show the markers the culmination of my year's work. theres no point in changing my methods now.

fretsonfire74

HSC
danz90 said:
some nice words of wisdom there. :) :)

thinking about it now.. heck... since its worked for me all year... ill just show the markers the culmination of my year's work. theres no point in changing my methods now.
Exactly. Much better attitude. If it's worked for you in the rest of the year, there's no reason it won't work now. Good luck with getting the band 6, but if you don't, it's not like it's the end of the world. Good luck with the rest of the HSC, too.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Honestly, I wouldnt want to be a marker marking the King Lear section. Talking to people from other schools, it seems like everyone has been taught something different when it comes to the Lear essay.

Even teachers in the HSC help line tell people different things. Two of my friends and I called up and asked what was required in the Lear essay and we were all told different things by the different teachers.

My point is, dont worry if you dont think you have done the right thing. I'm pretty sure theyll accept most essays as long as they are written well and have some kind of focus.

danz90

HSC
midifile said:
Honestly, I wouldnt want to be a marker marking the King Lear section. Talking to people from other schools, it seems like everyone has been taught something different when it comes to the Lear essay.

Even teachers in the HSC help line tell people different things. Two of my friends and I called up and asked what was required in the Lear essay and we were all told different things by the different teachers.

My point is, dont worry if you dont think you have done the right thing. I'm pretty sure theyll accept most essays as long as they are written well and have some kind of focus.
see, the thing is i can write good essays with two readings in focus. but im worried if they give me like 8/20 since my main focus was the readings. its so unfair because 80% of our teaching program for king lear was the other readings.

:cold:

u-borat

Banned
HSC
english is faggotry.

that is all.

but honestly, i don't understand why you would be doing other readings....i mean think about it; every other module and text and what not requires YOUR argument, YOUR thesis, not for you to analyse the works of critics. =S

danz90

HSC
u-borat said:
english is faggotry.

that is all.

but honestly, i don't understand why you would be doing other readings....i mean think about it; every other module and text and what not requires YOUR argument, YOUR thesis, not for you to analyse the works of critics. =S
i just don't know what to do....

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Meh, a friend of mine wasn't even taught other readings for her Module B.

You're in a better position for a band 6 than you think. Besides, personal responses don't need to be that significant/profound. Maybe a few sentences weaved into your response, or a paragraph at the end of every idea. Honestly, it's very general stuff... you can do it now or make it up on the day.

Best of luck on getting your band 6, and for the rest of your HSC

HSC
It seems like a copout, but really a "personal interpretation" doesn't need to be original. Just include a quote from a critic describing a particular reading, and follow it up with "I agree/disagree with this because..." or "I go further than this, and believe...".

erm

HSC
danz90 said:
i just don't know what to do....
just come up with some bullshit opinion that you back up = marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)