Band 6 in standard english - How good do you have to be? (1 Viewer)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
How good do you have to be to get a Band 6 in Standard English? What raw mark would you need? 90%?

How well would a Band 6 in Standard English scale, and is it really as hard as everyone makes it sound? also, out of curiosity, what's usually the top HSC mark for the top in the state Standard English?

hmmm.. for some reason, the number of Band 6's in Standard English are increasing over the years. Is this because people are getting better or the cut off marks for a Band 6 are falling?

:haha:

ar7

HSC
i believe 0.2% of standard english students received a band 6 in 2009

let me check board of studies to confirm

edit: - Board of Studies NSW

there is the link to confirm :)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I'd imagine that you'd have to be just as good as a student doing Advanced who gets a Band 6.

Have no idea about cut off marks or anything.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
^ so band 6 in Standard = Band 6 in Advanced. so it would scale similar to a Band 6 in Advanced?
SAM says yes.. but I dunno

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
The scaling of standard and advanced is almost identical. But the aligning of the two is completely different.
The scaling is identical for both subjects and they're both aligned based on paper 1.

To get a band 6 in standard english, you basically need to be as good as band 6 advance student.

Phylo

ballin
HSC
I cant really give you a raw mark for 2010, but for 2009, my English teacher said a raw mark of 88 would have been marked a band 6. I don't think this year will be too much different. I did advanced in year 11, but my teacher dropped me to standard because i didn't read Frankenstein, so ive gotta pick my game up

lizajane91

HSC
my friend got a 90 in std english last year and she was a very very good writer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)