Band 6 in Standard? (1 Viewer)

Marc26

HSC
Okay so I already know that it is quite hard to get a band 6 in Standard, but to achieve this, what type of writing level will I need to be at?
Also, what ranks and MARKS will I need to be getting for a B6?
Obviously rank 1 in the school I guess..

Johnstan

Sickunt overload
HSC
Uni Grad
depends on school, level of exams, quality of cohort etc....

madharris

HSC
N/A
You probably need to be 1st at a school that is rank 50+ to even have a chance at a band 6
There are usually less than 60 band 6's every year

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay so I already know that it is quite hard to get a band 6 in Standard, but to achieve this, what type of writing level will I need to be at?
I got 89 and I will tell you from personal experience on what I did and know of.

So basically, I was ranked second internally and I was ranked first overall as my HSC exam mark was way higher and the student ahead of me was only like 1 mark ahead of me for internals. This was at a school ranked 233 by the way.

You would need ideally at least rank 1-3 in any ranked school to have a shot at at least band 5 or 6, with very competent writers around your ranks, those who have at least similar writing capabilities as you. To be honest, this rank is very easy to achieve in most schools.

Marks are irrelevant on the internal level but to be consistent with your writing capability and predictions before the HSC, try aim for at least 85~90 on all your school tasks. I was getting about that much.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Writing level would need to be very complex, somewhat comparable to the level of a low band 6 Advanced English student. You should check the BoardofStudies Exemplary essay book which contains state rank essays and try benchmark your standard to it.

But from what I have seen, students that really get the high band 5's and 6's have mixtures of quality and quantity which comes with lots of writing practice and preparation. That being said, being very versatile to any question also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)