band 6 standard (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
Ah pity. But are you sure you would have been eligible for ESL? I sure know I wasn't

And yeah, you should look to state rank in Standard if you want 100.
I was eligible for ESL. It's a pity that my mum overturned my decision to do ESL due to the stigma attached to it.

However, doing English (Standard) doesn't bother me much seeing how we sometimes get top performers at my own school (99.90 in 2004, 99.45 in 2007 and 99+ in 2008 and etc.)

Last edited:

shady145

Banned
HSC
i hope you do get 100 namu
i hope im right behind you when you do. like 99+

Last edited:

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
That BOS member that topped the state in standard ( HSC mark: 96), im pretty sure that that mark would equate to quite a high band 6 in english advanced too. So i mean if he/she went a bit better at her other subjects, she could have turned the tide and been the first.

HSC
I got 85 for std english.

Getting mid to high band 5's in std english scales pretty good I reckon.

Hard to get band 6 in standard tho.

Good luck to the 09'ers doing std english, its a pretty good subject tbh, enjoyed it all throughout year 12.

Whoever gets 100 uai doing standard english is a legend lol.

Last edited:

colinl

HSC
N/A
osamaelias said:
Ok,

Can you drop in year 12 from Standard to ESL , in the same way Adv can drop to Std?
hmm but u can only go to esl from standard if ur legible, and from adv eng to standard u can drop but it would make things bit harder.... since u wont be familiar with those standard texts wen ur in adv

colinl

HSC
N/A
ConquerDiscover said:
I got 85 for std english.

Getting mid to high band 5's in std english scales pretty good I reckon.

Hard to get band 6 in standard tho.

Good luck to the 09'ers doing std english, its a pretty good subject tbh, enjoyed it all throughout year 12.

Whoever gets 100 uai doing standard english is a legend lol.
BAHAHA yea

foreva.me

HSC
i did english standard and i got a band 6 with a mark of 92

my uai was 96

shuning

HSC
hey namu, 4got to tell u this, by doing standard english u can recieve a bonus of 5 extra UAI points, because ur eligible for ESL but didnt do it, even if u are few month of the period of ESL u can still get the 5 extra UAI points... ( where this is what the carrers' adviser told me ) so make sure u apply for the 5 extra uai points!

and yea... lets work together... and together we can be the 1st 2 person in standard english to get 100 UAI ( all we needed is a 95 LOL )

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
hey namu, 4got to tell u this, by doing standard english u can recieve a bonus of 5 extra UAI points, because ur eligible for ESL but didnt do it, even if u are few month of the period of ESL u can still get the 5 extra UAI points... ( where this is what the carrers' adviser told me ) so make sure u apply for the 5 extra uai points!

and yea... lets work together... and together we can be the 1st 2 person in standard english to get 100 UAI ( all we needed is a 95 LOL )
Hey, I was aware of the 5 Bonus UAI. However, I do not think I can make much use of 5 Bonus UAI anyway so I am not going to bother applying.

shuning

HSC
Hey, I was aware of the 5 Bonus UAI. However, I do not think I can make much use of 5 Bonus UAI anyway so I am not going to bother applying.
u dont make much use? wtf u on about, it pulls u from 95 to 100 LOL u notice how much that difference it? xD with 100uai u can get scholarships the 1st yr at uni which saves shit loads of money LOL

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
u dont make much use? wtf u on about, it pulls u from 95 to 100 LOL u notice how much that difference it? xD with 100uai u can get scholarships the 1st yr at uni which saves shit loads of money LOL
No.

Bonus UAI is not really a bonus UAI at all. It just lowers the UAI cut-off of the course that you wishes to get into given that you do get the 5 Bonus UAI and the course doesn't have any restriction on 5 bonus UAI.

So even if you get 95 UAI, you don't necessarily get 100 as your UAI with 5 bonus UAI. Your UAI remains the same. It is just that you have the power to get into any course that has no restriction on bonus UAI.

shuning

HSC
No.

Bonus UAI is not really a bonus UAI at all. It just lowers the UAI cut-off of the course that you wishes to get into given that you do get the 5 Bonus UAI and the course doesn't have any restriction on 5 bonus UAI.

So even if you get 95 UAI, you don't necessarily get 100 as your UAI with 5 bonus UAI. Your UAI remains the same. It is just that you have the power to get into any course that has no restriction on bonus UAI.
i thought only univisities give that, and when it come to BOS it give u UAI points instead? LOL

but anyway the 5 bonus gets me into anywhere I want LOL

let me emphasis the I bit!

HSC
I think only like 2-3% of the state can get a band 6 in stand eng. Even in business studies only 6% can get a band 6!
You can look up these stats on the Board of Studies.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I think only like 2-3% of the state can get a band 6 in stand eng. Even in business studies only 6% can get a band 6!
No, it's not like it's capped.

It depends on the Band 6 mark cut-off and it also depends on the performance for each year group. So the percentage may vary (i.e. band 6 percentage is not limited to 6% for Business Studies)

BTW, less than 1% got Band 6 in English (Standard). I think it was about 0.1%

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Expect the top mark this year for English Standard to be 97 or higher....

The UAC is the institution that issues and calculates the UAI, not the Board of Studies. Your recorded UAI score is NOT changed regardless of whether you get some special "bonus points" or some scheme. These schemes LOWER THE UAI CUT-OFF, but your actual UAI is not changed. This only applies to certain university courses, not all of them.

shuning

HSC
No, it's not like it's capped.

It depends on the Band 6 mark cut-off and it also depends on the performance for each year group. So the percentage may vary (i.e. band 6 percentage is not limited to 6% for Business Studies)

BTW, less than 1% got Band 6 in English (Standard). I think it was about 0.1%
only 0.1% cuz 70% of the standard eng ppl does jack shit.

studentcheese

HSC
Don't fret on the amount of people that got Band 6 in Standard English. Say to yourself, 'I don't care how hard it is to get Band 6 in Standard. I will get it anyway.' Good luck. :D

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC
There were about 6 people at my school who got Band 6 last year for Business Studies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)