Band 6's. (1 Viewer)

Juliaan

HSC
Hey,

I looked on the site and couldn't really find anything...

Though umm, I do Design and Visual Arts in Year 12, and im wondering if i get a Band 6 in both of them, do the extra points add up?

Please and Thank you.

geegables

HSC
The maximum bonus points you can get is 5 which means if you band 6 both subjects you won't get 5x2, itll only be 5

Juliaan

HSC
Yeah i looked it up,

Thats ashame haha, wish i could get 10 :p

Thanks anyways.

p.s If i dont make it into vis com, should i go to the design tafe in stanmore or do another course in design at UTS like interior design perhaps, then work my way into visual?

RIPYSL

HSC
I guess transferring within the university system would be a better choice than trying to get in from TAFE...
Although if you do go into other design degrees as a 'stepping stone' for vis comm, i'd suggest you keep this quiet from the lecturers/tutors, as they might be offended by it. You will need to do well in the degree that you get in if you consider transferring. :)

Best of luck.

geegables

HSC
I have a friend who did industrial design because she didn't get the marks for viscom and has failed to transfer 2 years in a row. I think they combine the UAI mark with your interview/portfolio to determine how likely you get in. There is an Insearch course which does practically if not, exactly the same assessments as viscom as i have a friend who got a 70 uai and did that and got into viscom this year, so i know thats a very good alternative. However, because the DFEE has been removed i don't know how guaranteed that is. Because if you got a certain average in the Insearch course you could get a place immediately in 2nd year viscom but i guess the advantage is your portfolio will be identical to that of an actual viscom student

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)