band6? (1 Viewer)

jk

White tiger
whatz da minimum mark for band 6 in esl??
i mean a raw mark...
thanx for any thought:)

ps r there around 2000 doing esl in nsw?? or more??:confused:

Foong

well.... its 90, but thats after its modified.
You won't knnow for a raw mark what is a band six (if they still do scaling and all that) since it will always change each year.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Correct, on one knows about the "cut-offs" for band 6, only the examiners do. There are approx. 2500 doing ESL this year.

The "cut-offs" of band 6 varies from year to year. The raw marks could range from 100 to 85 for a band 6, If the exam writer thought it was a difficult exam. On the other hand, the range for a band 6 could be 100 to 93, as the exam written is considered as being easy by the exam writer.

enemy

You tell me about that,William.This year is Damn,even my teacher said it was a weird paper

Foong

I think it would be a more difficult exam, since a lot of people misinterpreted the perspective essay question and the english for study question had nothing to do with study skillz

Mr.Moonlight

HSC
N/A
i hate the bad scaling for people below band 6, it's just scary that u know ur mark is so scaling down....

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Mr.Moonlight
i hate the bad scaling for people below band 6, it's just scary that u know ur mark is so scaling down....
This is due to the fact that ESL students are not as academically strong as some other subjects.

william

HSC
Originally posted by Mr.Moonlight
what I rackon is put more effort in ESL than 4u maths.
as a small different in raw mark will lead to a huge different of scale mark in ESL , whereas in 4u maths is completely different

william

HSC
Originally posted by enemy
You tell me about that,William.This year is Damn,even my teacher said it was a weird paper
actually I predicted the question, as I said before, there are only 5 possible questions in perspective. two has done in last two years, another two is what is the perspective of the character and how their perspective changed. but there is no character in holub's poem or in changing booklit,even we consider the composer's idea as character, their perspectives haven't changed! so the only possible question is how your perspective changed.
prepare different formats of perspective question, that is what the teacher said in Ashfield high ESL study day. but I haven't
prepared radio talk before.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Let's hope people doing ESL this year are all academically strong in ALL their other courses :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)