Bands that you hate (1 Viewer)

5_State_Drive

What are your most hated bands. Everyone has bands they hate here is my list.

1. Blink 182
2. Sum41
3 New Found Glory
4. The Offspring
5. Greenday

Pretz

I can't say I really hate any bands. I reckon all of them have good songs and bad songs, and whether or not I feel like listening to them depends on the mood I'm in.

B

Bambul

Before I read any posts I thought it meant "bands" as in "I really hate band 3!"

But I probably only have 1: Powderfinger. I never liked their music and they beat Regurgitator to almost every Aria they were up for a few years ago. Having been a big regurgitarot fan at the time I wondered "How could people like them?" and decided that I would take revenge by hating them until the end of time...at which point I will start liking them. :cool:

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
you guys have obviously only heard there new singles, there old stuff is great and they deserved all that aria shit wayy over gurgitator. For ages they were only recognised by jjj. Anyway there new stuff is good as well, its refreshing. The chair are better then all aussie bands tho, and aussies bands suck in the scheme of things anyway!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
"and aussies bands suck in the scheme of things anyway!"

ooh no way. go to homebake. all the music you need right there.

on topic though, bands I hate (well not really hate, cos even bands i don't like have 1 or 2 good songs): blink 182, sum 41, 1 dollar short, and all those other pop-punk bands with numbers in their titles (can someone please explain this phenomenon to me?)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Avril Lavinge
Blink 182
Eminem
Holly Valance
Creed
Limp Biscuit (I refuse to spell it their moronic way)

-There are many bands/artists I dislike, but those are my top ones that I hate with an absolute passion.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by mlagana
The chair are better then all aussie bands tho, and aussies bands suck in the scheme of things anyway!
:eek:
I think we are leaps and bounds ahead in music than anywhere else! I own around about 120 CDs...I think over 100 of those are by Aussie artists.:)

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
i go to homebake every year, except this yr (and last year i had chicken pox... i still have my unripped ticket) But the last good one was when they had frenzal, grinners, chair and powderfinger. Now homebake only gets a few good bands like john butler and george. Then we have all these annoying bands that screw it up like machine gun fellatio and those guys that singer theosalas thisler or whatever. I'm not saying i totally hate aussie music, but compared to the stuff thats happened internationally, beatles, jimi hendrix, led zeppelin, bob dylan, u2 etc we got nothing. Apart from johny farmhand. Look at our carols in the domain and stuff, we get all these shitty actors and bigbrother housemates to sing! The daddos are shit! Nikki webster is shit! We get the girl from harry's practice to sing!? wtf is up with that. Now all we need is Russel Crowes band fofog (forty odd foot off grunts). Has anyone heard this incoherant rambling? And if i hear am i not pretty enough again i'm gonna shove my thumb up kasey chambers butthole. I like natalie imbruglia tho she writes her own music (apart from torn which was a cover), and shes a fox, shwing.

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
eminem - Looks like a law student at a fancy dress.
kasey chambers - your not pretty enough. to whiney
kelly osbourne - Only in the charts because of her geneology
nikki webster - prepubescent slurry
lil bow wow - same as kelly. Just wait for your voice to break u irritating little mutrash.

aaron carter pisses me off to.

5_State_Drive

The reason why i hate Blink182 so much is because the lead singer (Mark Hoppus i think his name is) is like 30 years old, married, has a child and still writes songs about being dumped by a girl when he was in high school, i mean, i thought that by 30 years old you would be over the girl who you broke up with when you were 15. At the age of 30 don't you have better songs to write about than high school relationships? Especially when your married?
In addition to that, at his live shows he acts like a ten year old i.e saying things like poo bum wee wee, i want to see boobies etc, still at the age of 30. FFS the loser should get a life.

Blink182 = Lame

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
its seems everyone hates sum sort of of alternative bands. I hate all except motorace! i have no idea what exactly you classify what genre it is.. :eek:

i dislike
+ mILK [ korean band ]
+ harisu [ male turns into female voice is awful ]
+ yehs gosh i hate that band .. urm machine gun fellatio ? the clip and lyrics make me sick
+ uncle cracker .. [what kinda name is that? ]
+ shinmina she cannot sing!~

dissonance

There is a certain skill that, if you posses it you have a large chance of pop music success, no matter what type of music you play...

This is songwriting.

Powerderfinger can do it, Blink 182 can do it, Avril...etc

There are masters like U2, bon Jovi - you just can't dispute the number of hits these guys have had...

It doesn't matter if they are cheesy, or if the song only has power chords, or its metal or whatever.

Writing a hit song:

1. No intro - wastes too much time
2. Verse
3. Get to the chorus within 30sec -- the chorus must be catchy in some way
4. You must go back to the verse after the 1st chorus or the listeners/record company get confused
5. Repeat chorus, repeat verse, repeat chorus again
6. A bridge that changes key
7. Repeat chorus
8. Basically get the chorus in as much as possible cause thats all anyone's really interested in hearing...
9. It's gotta be over in less than 4mins - 3 to 3.5 mins is preferable

I'm not saying I like music like this. I'm just saying that this is what record companies look for. They want at least 3 songs like this from an artist, and therefore this is why there's so much of this crap around...they become less concerned if the song won't be a single. Of course by the time you've already had a successful album or two you can do whatever the hell you feel like.

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by 5_State_Drive
songs about being dumped by a girl when he was in high school,
umm...aren't all pop/punk songs about being dumped..

oh wait, i get it now.....teens can relate to it & we're also a large demographic...so songs about being 15 and dumped = $$$ :) i'm so smart

Last edited:

Twintip

Originally posted by dissonance
It doesn't matter if they are cheesy, or if the song only has power chords, or its metal or whatever.

Writing a hit song:

1. No intro - wastes too much time
2. Verse
3. Get to the chorus within 30sec -- the chorus must be catchy in some way
4. You must go back to the verse after the 1st chorus or the listeners/record company get confused
5. Repeat chorus, repeat verse, repeat chorus again
6. A bridge that changes key
7. Repeat chorus
8. Basically get the chorus in as much as possible cause thats all anyone's really interested in hearing...
9. It's gotta be over in less than 4mins - 3 to 3.5 mins is preferable
"Metallica - Nothing Else Matters" is one song that comes to mind that complies with very few of your points. In the MMM world (however else you would like to define that), it is a hit song. :) 59 seconds until the first word, 1min 42 sec until the first chorus (slower than the normal chorus too), etc.

I do agree, however, that for the most part, hit songs are like what you have specified. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)