Bands that you hate (1 Viewer)

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by dissonance

8. Basically get the chorus in as much as possible cause thats all anyone's really interested in hearing...
first that comes to my mind:
keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin' :( such a shame cuz limp bizkit's first album was awesome...

schwang_thang

im amazed no1 has brought up them manufactured pop bands

i cant stand alot of them:
A1
Steps
S Club 7
A Teens

arghhh so irritating :chainsaw:

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
that checklist of a instant success is stoopid. Look at some of the greatest songs ever, stairway to heavan and bohemian raphsody, both dont have chorus's or verse's or bridges. n e way i think that this whole verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus thing with change, because people only wanted to hear 12 bar blues

and theres still heaps of cool and famous bands that have wierd structures like tool

GJ_JOE

blood brother
maybe thats why they're still great after so long...:cool:

i'm not a big fan of tool, but i read that they use calculus to come up with some of their song structures! + (for those of you who don't know) all the songs on their latest cd are over 5minutes

another band that uses complex structures is mudvayne (check out the avatar!)....some of their songs are like story books with several chapters...(well thats the best way i can describe it lol)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by mlagana
that checklist of a instant success is stoopid. Look at some of the greatest songs ever, stairway to heavan and bohemian raphsody, both dont have chorus's or verse's or bridges. n e way i think that this whole verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus thing with change, because people only wanted to hear 12 bar blues

and theres still heaps of cool and famous bands that have wierd structures like tool
I think American music is very "manufactured" to radio. These days- if it doesn't fit-stations won't play it. (yeah, there are exceptions but very few...and becoming even fewer as time goes on.)
Australia is more leniant when it comes to playing new stuff, but I think a lot of it is influenced by US music, so Aussie artists are adopting these simple, easy-to-swallow structures...designed to fit around radio adverts.
It's sad. :(

5_State_Drive

Originally posted by GJ_JOE

umm...aren't all pop/punk songs about being dumped..

oh wait, i get it now.....teens can relate to it & we're also a large demographic...so songs about being 15 and dumped = $$$ :) i'm so smart
True. But you see the difference between blink182 and other pop punk bands that write songs about high school relationships are that they are only 18 - 23 years old, which could be excusable because they are still quite young, but 30 years old? Fuck, its almost so sad, it would be like us who have just finished year 12 writing songs about when we were 5 -10 years old. It sounds very lame.
Plus many punk bands if they are old enough stop writing about that sort of stuff once they almost reach thirty anyway, and write much more mature songs.

Blink 182 = Worst punk band ever.

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by 5_State_Drive

Blink 182 = Worst punk band ever.
oh i have to go with sum 41 on that one.... i won a copy of their cd, listened to it a few times, threw it in the trash...though i do like their new video were they parody "the" bands

Pretz

woah, calm down there robbo, you can't just wipe out whole genres of music like that. surely you must have heard at least one pop/rap/techno song that you thought was alright??

pri

HSC
N/A
nikki webster,
scandalus ( a really crappy manufactured band),
sum 41,
eminem,
a lot of the homy r n b ppl - guys singing about love in high pitched voices prime example craig david
holly valance

thats all i can think of for now....

dissonance

There's a very big difference between "instant success" and writing one of the "greatest songs ever". There's always exceptions to the list I made and most of the time the fact that they are exceptions is what makes them great.

Most of the time bands starting off being differnt and then find they need to structure themselves just a little bit more or somethin to achieve a more widespread level of success ie. Metallica's "fuel". I think this is why heaps of people end up sayin stuff like: "I liked their old stuff heaps better than their new stuff" or "they sold out".

If the artist is lucky they will be able to break out of the mold they put themselves into once they have already aquired a larger loyal following etc. --- ie. Radiohead.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Originally posted by Pretz
woah, calm down there robbo, you can't just wipe out whole genres of music like that. surely you must have heard at least one pop/rap/techno song that you thought was alright??
Rap - Nyet. Nein. Never.
Techno - No.
Pop - Imbruglia... Maybe.

timmii

sporadic attendee
The vines - overrated. I can't stand their "get free", it gives me a splitting headache.

I don't particularly like jamiroquai either...also overrated. Sometimes i listen when i hear a song in the car, but its usually the trigger for me to start flicking stations.

Otown - manufactured...and their song "liquid dreams" - i hope the pre-pubescent girls its aimed at don't understand!

Other than that, i like most types of music and although i may dislike specific songs, have very little problem with the actual artist. Even those i've mentioned, its not a blanket hate. If they came out with a good song, i'd like it. Even The Vines' cover of "ms jackson" isn't bad...

Pretz

yeah, even nikki webster has some good songs.
like...like you know...that one where.....uh...

ok so maybe not everyone has at least one good song, but most people do.

GJ_JOE

blood brother
otown.....hhahahah...they bring back memories of Jew Town! (if you watched john saffran's music jamboree you'll understand) :)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by GJ_JOE
otown.....hhahahah...they bring back memories of Jew Town! (if you watched john saffran's music jamboree you'll understand) :)
John Saffran is so funny, but i didn't see enough episodes of it. What was the joke in question (if u don't mind detailing it...?)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i noticed no one said Linkin park... maybe everyone likes them... i sure dont

*waits to get dissed*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)