Bands that you hate (1 Viewer)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
lol yeah, selwyn is as fake as they come. and who;s dissing aussie music? i love it, especially grinners, old school silverchair,motor ace etc. alot better than some of the trash that comes out of the states (sum 41, hoobastank). i like my fair share of rap too, but dickheads like nelly and ja rule shouldnt even be in the industry, so fake with no lyrical talent.

Amuka

Originally posted by copious
i like my fair share of rap too, but dickheads like nelly and ja rule shouldnt even be in the industry, so fake with no lyrical talent.
Word

Ja Rule also bites on Pac's style, beats, image and pisses all over Pac's songs in his lame remixes of them then claims he is the new Pac, he also hates on and disses Dre and Snoop. All these lead to Ja Rule being the biggest wanker in music industry bar none.

Murder Inc offices just got raided though, i hope they throw Ja Rule and the rest of Murder Inc in jail for a very long time for crimes against basic human decency (releasing his CDs).

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
finally someone who agrees with me. come to think of it this guy hasnt even had a proper song, they've all been dodgy collaborations. i was happy because i thought his career was over when he announced he was going to retire after his latest album the last temptation ( which is probaly the worst album of the year ) but he just stated that he's going to continue rapping because he 'believes' he has alot to offer to the industry. fuck that, he's destroying the industry. come to think of it, murda inc blows in all facets, cant believed nas signed for them though he's one of my fav rappers.

dissonance

hahaha -- Selwyn performed at an awards ceremony I was at. I'll give him credit for not lip-syncing (I was in the 2nd row) but having to give someone credit simply for "not-faking" says that something is seriously wrong

Amuka

cant believed nas signed for them though he's one of my fav rappers.
Nas didn't sign! It was rumoured after he did some collaborations with the Murder Inc boys after they supported him in a beef (against hot97 if IIRC) but he is not with and has no intentions to sign with Murder Inc, thankgod, because you're right he is one of the dopest out there atm.

Things aren't looking good for Ja, last album didn't sell too well in the US, Murder Inc raided, Irv getting his shit looked into, Suge in jail, 50 singing to Shady records and finally he's calling for an end to the beefs, he must be sacred. :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i thought he did sign with them because he kept screaming out murda inc during mtv awards or someshit on tv last year and saying how 2003 is gonna be the year of murda inc. thank god he aint though, would fuck up his career. i hope ja shuts up about the beef he has with 50, because shady records would just destroy his career like em did to benzino.

Amuka

i thought he did sign with them because he kept screaming out murda inc during mtv awards or someshit on tv last year and saying how 2003 is gonna be the year of murda inc. thank god he aint though, would fuck up his career. i hope ja shuts up about the beef he has with 50, because shady records would just destroy his career like em did to benzino.
I head it was off but it wasn't from the most reliable source so it might not be, seemed an odd move from the start though he did strongly indicate he was gunna do it. I hope Ja/Murder Inc do get shutdown in 2003, nobody in hip-hop will miss em.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
i've got a very eclectic taste in music and can tolerate pretty much any music but i really hate that Las Kethcup song and also CReed:mad:

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by zannaz
i've got a very eclectic taste in music and can tolerate pretty much any music but i really hate that Las Kethcup song and also CReed:mad:
I cant say I like creed much myself. Theyre musics not that good to begin with, but we had to do one of their songs for an english assessment which made me hate them all the more. bloody english :p

Here

Banned
HSC
is blink 182s new album out yet??? they started to turn me off after they became sellouts but i just cant help listening to their music......

*10#

i hate creed - they are just soooooooo lame
also i can not stand r + b and hip - hop ( nelly, ja rule etc GO TO HELL ) although some ozzie hip-hop is ok specially if its funny like the song bagging out homies - 2up why do i try so hard
beyonce, britany, delta - puhleeeeeze get lost
justin timberlake - is not hot and is so incredibly pathetic
on the whole i really can't stand much mainstream pop

powderfinger is overated BUT still a great bad

and c'mon STOP dissin ozzie bands there are some awesome talents out there
* something for kate
* magic dirt
* jet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are they not the best aussie rock band out
* the waifs
* the living end
* john butler
* sleepy jackson
* the vines
* frenzal rhomb
* jebidiah
* silverchair - yes they still rock!
* 28days
* grinspoon
* pete murray

- and there are so many more - aust music is alive and well

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by 0o0
all the dumbass grunge heavy metal rock mother fuck bands
...right... would you like to specify?

worst band of all time
GOOD CHARLOTTE!!.. nothing gets me angrier than hearing people rave about good charlotte

dishonourable mentions
Limp Bizkit (their new stuff, 3 dollar bill y'all was awesome)
creed
hmm theres more but im busy

oh shit.. forgot all rap and r n b.. except some aussie rap.. the funny shit

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
I can't stand rap or any bands who sing songs in which every second word is fuck or motherfucker, and how women are all bitches, sluts and hos.

And also female pop singers who have no talent and might as well be naked considering the outfits they wear.

Myxomatosis

There are some pathetically narrow minded people on this board. How can you say that you hate anything from one specific genre of music? There are exceptions to every genre in music and it's sad to see that people have stopped searching for good music.
Of course it's my opinion and everyone won't agree but I believe that a good song is a good song no matter which category of music it falls under. You may hate an image of a popstar but remember that there are exceptional musicians and composers that are behind these faces. People like the Neptunes and Timbaland who produce the music you hear on pop radio are brilliant producers that know exactly what a demographic of people want to hear and their beats are undeniably good.
Jet, best Aussie band? I'm sorry but my band supported them around August last year before this unnecessary hype and they were truly quite awful. They're just a rolling stones cover band to me. That "Are you gonna be my girl" song? Listen to Iggy Pop's "Larger than Life" and tell me that they didn't blatantly steal his chord progression!
Also to those who claim that American music is of a higher standard than their counterparts in Australia are the cause of the Australian artist's problem in this country. 90% of you would rather sit at home and watch the Chilli Pepper's new video clip, or Beyonce's new epileptic dance moves or Ja rule and his $1 shop beanie on tv than go out and SUPPORT AUSTRALIAN MUSIC! Bands don't get ANYWHERE without public support!
Any Limp Bizkit album is a taste of pure hell. Fred Durst is the anti-talent of the music industry. Justin Timberlake has more of my respect.
I'd like to think that it's great when you listen to all kinds of music without prejudice.
Sorry about the rant.. lalalala

James Dean

The oldest join date here
HSC
N/A
some good points there dude. I think its wrong to judge an entire genre based on a few bands which get the most attention from that genre.
i mean, if i judged all punk bands based on say blink 182 and the offspring then i probably wouldnt be listening to any of the bands i mentioned earlier and plus many other great ones.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Myxomatosis
There are some pathetically narrow minded people on this board. How can you say that you hate anything from one specific genre of music? There are exceptions to every genre in music and it's sad to see that people have stopped searching for good music.
Of course it's my opinion and everyone won't agree but I believe that a good song is a good song no matter which category of music it falls under. You may hate an image of a popstar but remember that there are exceptional musicians and composers that are behind these faces. People like the Neptunes and Timbaland who produce the music you hear on pop radio are brilliant producers that know exactly what a demographic of people want to hear and their beats are undeniably good.
Jet, best Aussie band? I'm sorry but my band supported them around August last year before this unnecessary hype and they were truly quite awful. They're just a rolling stones cover band to me. That "Are you gonna be my girl" song? Listen to Iggy Pop's "Larger than Life" and tell me that they didn't blatantly steal his chord progression!
Also to those who claim that American music is of a higher standard than their counterparts in Australia are the cause of the Australian artist's problem in this country. 90% of you would rather sit at home and watch the Chilli Pepper's new video clip, or Beyonce's new epileptic dance moves or Ja rule and his $1 shop beanie on tv than go out and SUPPORT AUSTRALIAN MUSIC! Bands don't get ANYWHERE without public support!
Any Limp Bizkit album is a taste of pure hell. Fred Durst is the anti-talent of the music industry. Justin Timberlake has more of my respect.
I'd like to think that it's great when you listen to all kinds of music without prejudice.
Sorry about the rant.. lalalala
yeah i get caught up in being an elitist cunt alot of the time.
oh well :p

James Dean

The oldest join date here
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by BallymcBallTits
yeah i get caught up in being an elitist cunt alot of the time.
oh well :p
yeah, alot of it has to do with trying to be elite and crap. Its hard to keep up with sometimes and sometimes you just have to listen to music you like even if alot of people dont like it as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)