Barker 2001 IPT Trial (1 Viewer)

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
word. said:
Does anyone have the solutions to the multiple choice?
This is the one I'm talking about
If you could post 'em up pls thanks that'd be great...
I did the paper and these are the answer i got, lets compare if u have time:
1 D
2 B
3 B
4 C
5 D
6 A
7 C
8 A
9 D
10 D
11 A
12 A
13 C
14 A
15 D
16 B
17 A
18 C
19 A
20 C

Last edited:

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
here are my answers
  1. d
  2. b
  3. b
  4. c
  5. d
  6. d
  7. c
  8. a
  9. d
  10. d
  11. a
  12. d
  13. c
  14. a
  15. d
  16. b
  17. a
  18. d
  19. c
  20. c

Edit: easier if in a list :p

Last edited:

word.

HSC
This is what I got...

1. D
2. B
3. B
4. C
5. D
6. D
7. C
8. A
9. D
10. D
11. A
12. D
13. C
14. A
15. D
16. B
17. A
18. C
19. D
20. C

Kabeio

k.
HSC
seems everyone got a different answer for 19, i'm thinking storyboard, becasue there is no change in the boxes

Kabeio

k.
HSC
ohh and 20 isn't C, because personal contact often results in less accurate data, as people dont feel as anonymous and feel more threatened,

so 20 would be B, i'd say

word.

HSC
yes 19 is likely to be storyboard actually
abit obscure but user-->password suggests some type of website layout...

however 20 should be C
by elimination, interviewing is one of the slowest methods so it's not B
and it's not A or D
personal contact does give more accurate data anyway; most people find it more difficult to lie when speaking to an interviewer by putting them on the spot... moreso than say an internet survey where results can also be heavily distorted by a single person making multiple entries

Kabeio

k.
HSC
word. said:
yes 19 is likely to be storyboard actually
abit obscure but user-->password suggests some type of website layout...

however 20 should be C
by elimination, interviewing is one of the slowest methods so it's not B
and it's not A or D
personal contact does give more accurate data anyway; most people find it more difficult to lie when speaking to an interviewer by putting them on the spot... moreso than say an internet survey where results can also be heavily distorted by a single person making multiple entries
yeh can see where you're coming from, but so you dont make the mistake in the exam, if you have the jacaranda text book turn to page 5, sums it up,

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
Kabeio said:
yeh can see where you're coming from, but so you dont make the mistake in the exam, if you have the jacaranda text book turn to page 5, sums it up,
I agree with Word. on both counts- it has to be a storyboard cause of the user and password thing.

Also 20 has to be C, i havent seen that textbook but many of the IPT textbooks have conflicting information. First off, B is one which would be eliminated first, how can a large amount of data be gathered quickly if personall contact is required for each survey?? They are not inexpensive as you have to pay the interviewer and they have to also find the people to interview. Sure the job is more interesting but that is hardly an advantage. Therefore is has to be C- you get more accurate data as the interviewer can ask direct questions.

Kabeio

k.
HSC
skyrockets1530 said:
I agree with Word. on both counts- it has to be a storyboard cause of the user and password thing.

Also 20 has to be C, i havent seen that textbook but many of the IPT textbooks have conflicting information. First off, B is one which would be eliminated first, how can a large amount of data be gathered quickly if personall contact is required for each survey?? They are not inexpensive as you have to pay the interviewer and they have to also find the people to interview. Sure the job is more interesting but that is hardly an advantage. Therefore is has to be C- you get more accurate data as the interviewer can ask direct questions.
umm i said it would be storyboard as well, dont know where you got that from,

and it doesnt say in the question that numerous amounts of people need to be interviewed, additionally when doing surveys, often it can take days to fully acquire information,
so i think ill stick with B atm

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
Kabeio said:
umm i said it would be storyboard as well, dont know where you got that from,

and it doesnt say in the question that numerous amounts of people need to be interviewed, additionally when doing surveys, often it can take days to fully acquire information,
so i think ill stick with B atm
I wasnt disagreeing with your answer on question 19, i know you said it was a storyboard... I was talking about question 20- were not talking about surveys, were talking about interviews, 'large' is the keyword in answer b, your right- it doesnt say how many people need to be interviewed, but if we need to gather large amounts of data then we may be able to do that with an interview however it would not be very quick. Out of all the methods of gathering primary data, interviews have to be one of the slowest methods.

Kabeio

k.
HSC
skyrockets1530 said:
I wasnt disagreeing with your answer on question 19, i know you said it was a storyboard... I was talking about question 20- were not talking about surveys, were talking about interviews, 'large' is the keyword in answer b, your right- it doesnt say how many people need to be interviewed, but if we need to gather large amounts of data then we may be able to do that with an interview however it would not be very quick. Out of all the methods of gathering primary data, interviews have to be one of the slowest methods.

yes, interviews may not be a very quick method to gather data, but i disagree with the fact that personal contact creates more accurate data as people may feel more intimidated, and it loses the advantage of anonymity as people know that you now know them

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
Kabeio said:
yes, interviews may not be a very quick method to gather data, but i disagree with the fact that personal contact creates more accurate data as people may feel more intimidated, and it loses the advantage of anonymity as people know that you now know them
Whether or not the person feels intimidated depends on the interviewee- arguing in favour of choice B requires far to much conjecture and possible scenarios- thus the most correct answer has to be C- as in most cases, cause were looking for the most correct answer here, people will, in the vast majority of cases, tell the truth when taking a personal interview. That, combined with the fact that interviews are not a quick method of gathering large amounts of data, means that the answer has to be C.

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
skyrockets1530 said:
I did the paper and these are the answer i got, lets compare if u have time:
1 D
2 B
3 B
4 C
5 D
6 A
7 C
8 A
9 D
10 D
11 A
12 A
13 C
14 A
15 D
16 B
17 A
18 C
19 A
20 C
d
b
b
c
d
d
a
a
d
b
a
d
a
a
a
d
a
c
a
c

steelite

HSC
Kabeio said:
No, another point is that the interviewer can use active listening to make sure the data is accurate. With questionnaires for example the results can be misinterpreted.

The rest of the choices are wrong
A- They are extremely expensive, say you have to interview 1000 people, imagine the cost of hiring the interviewer, scheduling time for the workers to be interviewed etc,

B-Large amounts, its not like its a fast food service where you just go in, answer a few questions, interviews are used by detailed analysis.

C- Above

D- Obvious

steelite

HSC
my answers go like
d
b
c (not sure on this one, they only ask for two fields 9or attributes) so why would you want to waste having two tables to hold the info)
c
d
d
c
a
d
d
a
d
c
a
a
b
a
c
c
c

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
I take is by 'C- Above' you mean that is the answer, as i dont think the answer would be 'the interviewer has a more interesting job.

Edit: just read last post, sorry for misunderstanding

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)