BAS is the biggest waste of time! (1 Viewer)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
I did this subject last semester...it is the biggest waste of time ever. The first lecture that i had in bas, our lecturer was like "hi everyone,welcome to bas.....half of you will fail"..i was like :speechless:

the whole unit was basically to pull students down to kindy level so that they could learn how to write.
I found the subject boring and pointless, but i was surprised at how many students at uws couldnt spell or put 2 sentences together properly or simply read the assessment question!!!

I think bas should be scrapped. We could be spending our time and energy on something way more useful that we will actually need when we walk out into the real world.

Thoughts??

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
The people from my school who went to UWS (nearly everyone) bitch about it all the time on facebook.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
my dad works at uws mech eng

first time he took a 1st year course he failed 70% of the cohort, and the dean asked him to scale it up so 50% pass

muhahahahahaha

HSC
actually i do. he's saying that uws is such a dump that they let students in who know jack shit, hence why everyone things that uws is just crap.
but thanks anyway bread rolls

muhahahahahaha

HSC
lol kaz1. Everyone in my classes at uni do too. Except for people only aiming for passes. they seem to like uws :)
@hungwell1337....are you serious? i never thought that a dean would ask a teacher to scale up the students...thats freaky.
I think students should be marked fairly, and whatever mark they get is what they deserve. i dont think there should be such thing as scaling.
in the law department, last semester for torts mid sem exam, 20% of students failed. no one got scaled up

DanTarts

HSC
I did it last semester as well. It wasn't too bad but it got very repetitive. It's an easy marks unit and I ended up with a Distinction.

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
I did it last semester as well. It wasn't too bad but it got very repetitive. It's an easy marks unit and I ended up with a Distinction.
You have to do the unit so this approach is smart. Go for a distinction or a high distinction it will give you focus and a better transcript then your peers who fail the unit'

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
I did this subject last semester...it is the biggest waste of time ever. The first lecture that i had in bas, our lecturer was like "hi everyone,welcome to bas.....half of you will fail"..i was like :speechless:

the whole unit was basically to pull students down to kindy level so that they could learn how to write.
I found the subject boring and pointless, but i was surprised at how many students at uws couldnt spell or put 2 sentences together properly or simply read the assessment question!!!

I think bas should be scrapped. We could be spending our time and energy on something way more useful that we will actually need when we walk out into the real world.

Thoughts??

As a student in the first year of studies it is difficult for you to understand why it is considered an essential unit for students as they progress through the degree. The people who teach second and third year units know the importance of the unit. You will too when you move through your degree. Because you are not at that stage yet it is difficult for you to understand its importance

If you find it boring then get a focus - aim for a distinction. Any one who allows themselves to fail a unit and therefore have to repeat the unit must love pain.

Fonzie32

HSC
I'm doing this subject at the moment. Yes it's fucking boring and you think "this is so shit why the fuck did they put this subject in" BUT, you will realise that it's a very important unit and vital for you to pass your course. I surprised myself when I couldn't even reference sources to Harvard style. And I didn't know how important all this stuff was until now (7 weeks into the course).

Keep at it and just do it. You're wasting your time doing the whole course if you're not prepared to do all the units to a high standard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)