Bat hunting (1 Viewer)

HSC
I need a new cricket bat. I currently have a Fisher Best bat and im looking for something else. What do people rate? I dont think i could go past a new kookaburra, i just need some guidance:p

zingerburger

HSC
How much are you willing to spend?

MRFs are really good, but they tend to be a bit more expensive. You'll know that you'll like it as soon as you pick one up.

Also, depending on where you live, check out the Kingsgrove Sports website. They sell much cheaper and a wider range of gear than you would find at say, Rebel Sport.

http://www.kingsgrovesports.com.au/default.cfm?l1=9

Muz4PM

HSC
Kingsgrove is an excellent store to purchase cricket gear from. They have opened several outlets around the Sydney region.

I rate Gunn and Moore's Puma's, and Kookaburra's highly as opposed to Indian bat's where the weight is soundly in the toe, the afore mentioned bats I believe are bats of greater balance. However, there are several good value bats out there made by smaller companies such as Hunts, and Impala just to name two. I would tend to steer clear of those graphite handled bats as they seem to have a propensity to crack and break, noted from experiences.

As zingerburger mentioned, it depends greatly on your budget. Also, think about how much longer you intend to play cricket, no point buying a $450 bat and only play for a season.

zingerburger

HSC
Ahh, yes an Impala. Australian-made too. I forgot about these. My friend has one. Exquisite.

aj_number_10

HSC
unusual to hear someone with a fisher. my mate has one at my club and loves it. but its way too heavy for me.

personally i went bat shopping at the start of the year and had a look around. My previous bat had been a GM Duellist which was magnificant but snapped when I was in England in the winter. I got a Kookaburra now and I dont really rate it. Feels great in the hands but just doesnt seem to ping for me.

Personally id go a GM Catalyst or Duellist, or even look at the slazengars theres a few real good ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)