Batemans Bay For Schoolies (1 Viewer)

aim2fire

AIMZ
HSC
Me and some of my mates are going to batemans bay for schoolies.. what goes on there? is anyone else going?

d_griffo

HSC
Yeh im tryin to organise a group of mates going. Which is becomin a big task, place near the beach and accomodation prices not bad, just need to find a place without bond, was looking at a place with bond which was 1000 dollars cause we were school leavers. My cuz and group of her friends are goin up that way 2.

MandiMoo

HSC
Hey..

Me and my b/f went down to batemans bay at the start of this year, just for a little holiday together, we stayed at beagle bay, near south durras, nice place. It was real quiet when we went just locals and holiday goers. Batemans isnt a very big place, not really tourism orientated but im sure if u got a big bunch of people to go it would be good but if your looking to find many other schoolies people down there you prolli wont. I also went there in yr 10 round schoolies time, jus for a family holiday with one of my friends but it was also pretty dead then, i didnt see any nightclubs or many bars if thats what ur into, the beaches are pretty flat, if u want a peaceful relaxing time and dont want to meet an randoms it'll be a good place to go.

Me and my boyfriend are going back down there after new year when we get back from our schoolies.

Have fun whatever you do!! :p

smokey_

Now people. I go to Batemans Bay all the time for holidays, cos we got a house down there. I promise, if I didn't surf and my parents weren't willing to drive me to the good beaches with waves about 1/2 an hour away I would go mad. There is one pub in the main street and there is absolutely nothing to do. Theres a putt-putt which gets boring after one round and thats about it. I'm promising you, you will have the most boring time if you go down there.

cabby

HSC
Bateman's Bay isnt worth going to for schoolies i go there heaps, there isnt anywhere good down there coz theres only RSL,golf and country clubs and a few dumpy pubs go where everyone else is im serious you'll probly regret going to schoolies there

d_griffo

HSC
Whats wrong with Bateman's Bay, i was born there, its not that bad there. Schoolies is a time to relax get away from normal life and enjoy the end of your secondary school education with friends it may be a batemans bay or Qld, as long as its with friends i dont care. All i want to do is play some golf, go for a swim, relax on the beach, hang with friends, go shopping in mogo (lol), maybe play keno, just relaxing. People you have to look at the simplest things in life to enjoy life. Is schoolies really about getting pissed of your head and getting with someone random. Where is everyone else, QLD, and how much expecting to pay up that way. dumpy pubs are the best you get to know the locals and know what to do and just chill out and get away from the rest of the world.

cabby

HSC
sorry if i offended anyone, i was just saying that you might have more fun if you went where more people were going coz u'll probably be stuck in a carvan park with heaps of families, but the bay is beautiful i live 20 mins away from there and there's usually something going on even at mogo, have fun wherever you go

d_griffo

HSC
Who would stay in a caravan park for schoolies, when u can get accomodation really cheap, for a wk its cost 525 in a unit, or it was goin to cost us 900 for 9 to stay in a beach house but the bond was 1000 so we scrapped that idea.
cya on the sunny side when the hsc is over

daniel

jebba_d

batemans is pretty alright. i've owned a house nearby at north durras my whole life and ive always enjoyed it. mandimoos right, its pretty quiet but thats no excuse not to make a huge amount of noise too toss things up a bit. mmmm better correct mandimoo on one thing tho, the surf really isnt flat at all, u just gotta learn not to be a tourist and take the beaches as the only place with decent swell. north durras is pretty flat but get some balls together and go reef hunting, im not gonna tell u where but the infamous 'blacks' break is close by and north durras reef goes off every now and then which is always worth a look. theres a real lot of good surf around and some world class breaks near south duzza u jus gotta go looking and be willing to take on some treacherous reefs. oh and btw the locals are sooooo A its unbelievable, south coast...salt air does em wonders

Picle

HSC
sounds like its a pretty dodgey place compared to a place like forster for a relaxed schoolies but not crowded and expensive like gold coast

d_griffo

HSC
its a place that is quiet and relaxing, is schoolies all really about getting pissed off your head, get with random. i hope not.

and its hard for a group of us going to go to FORSTER if we wanted to because its at least 12 Hrs, from where we are.

lot easier for you Sydney crew

Well i think at long as you have friends the waves and the beaches, and grog im happy

i at least know that there is 20 of our crew going to Batemans Bay.

12 of my cuz friends
and around 8-10 of my friends

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
jebba_d said:
batemans is pretty alright. i've owned a house nearby at north durras my whole life and ive always enjoyed it. mandimoos right, its pretty quiet but thats no excuse not to make a huge amount of noise too toss things up a bit. mmmm better correct mandimoo on one thing tho, the surf really isnt flat at all, u just gotta learn not to be a tourist and take the beaches as the only place with decent swell. north durras is pretty flat but get some balls together and go reef hunting, im not gonna tell u where but the infamous 'blacks' break is close by and north durras reef goes off every now and then which is always worth a look. theres a real lot of good surf around and some world class breaks near south duzza u jus gotta go looking and be willing to take on some treacherous reefs. oh and btw the locals are sooooo A its unbelievable, south coast...salt air does em wonders
oh yeh because blacks is oh so hard to find :rolleyes:
as if blacks is even the best wave in those parts

nugs
mills
number 2's
dangers
guillos
etc etc etc

now personally i grew up in bermagui (an hour south of the bay) and bay would be a shit place to go to for schoolies... well i guess it depends what you are looking for. it wont be a crazy constant piss up like the nth coast but the bay is nice to chill out in...

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
the bay doesnt have waves... durrace does...
and i doubt you will be able to surf nugs or dangers or 2's if you arnt a lidder...

d_griffo

HSC
yeh well there is 1 single one in ours and bout half a dozen or so, all single.
y would u go surfing in the bay anyway. be like a river where the waves.
but im not really into surfing so i cant say that much.

might go to the RSL, talk to the oldies, play some lawnbowls, have a biscuit n a cup of tea. Have a hit of golf, and just relax and chill out.

Picle

HSC
see how it goes I guess :p Hopefully i will have my new car by then to drive down with

DIELMAN

HSC
ok so i live in batemans bay, and if ur happy to have a relaxed holiday u will like it here, like u say as long as ur with ur mates ull be right. when are u here? cause if im here and not at schoolies in bali, i can take u out to those surf spots, little hard to explain them, but blacks is a bitch to get to, went there the other day and the billabong crew were there filming, so dont worry ull find surf, there are places in the bay that u can surf at! thanks to all the ppl putting my town down...lol.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
you would take a blowin to the southcoasts most prized waves? poor form

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)