Bathurst campus (1 Viewer)

owoodley

Is anyone here currently studying at Bathurst CSU? If so, what are the conditions and campus like ect?

bex

HSC
yup i am!
its an awesome campus!! not so great to look at but has generally everything you need! its pretty small and there arent many (like 3000 i think) internal students so its never overly crowded. People congregate outside the library on the lawn and it always has a really good vibe. Well in summer anyway! winter is bitterly cold, it doesnt snow but the winds are FREEZING. days get up to about 12 degrees max. but that doesnt stop us! living on campus is really good. i dont know if youre into the whole idea of dorm living but its a great way to make friends pretty much instantly! the catered residences are the most fun- we can get quite rowdy (especially on bar nights!) and everyone is usually up for a good time. I live in towers and it looks like a gaol but is soooooo much fun! theres always someone to talk to/ drink with etc In summer everyone gets together outside for ganmes of cricket between the towers and dorms hold bbqs together and stuff..

the best idea is probably to check the campus out for yourself.. there is an open day every day thing.. call up the uni and they will arrange a time (even in holidays) for you to take a campus tour. thats probably the best thing.. maybe you can get a few mates together and car pool or something.. but yeah, check it out for yourself.. you cant get a feel for the place propelly without being there!

owoodley

That sounds pretty cool. I've been to Bathurst quite a few times but havn't really checked out the uni ect. Is the status of Bathurst CSU's journalism course as high as I have heard? Is it true there's a community radio station and all that?

jizmiester

everythin about the campus life....the journalism course is awsome!!! yes there is a radio station, a student newspaper and now student TV!!! u want more specific info just ask....

P.S. i miss the place so much....the 25th of July is too far away (although i know my liver is begging me to stay on detox in Sydney)

~Jez

Last edited:

bex

HSC
yeah the radio statio is there! also, there is a working advertising agency which have some pretty big clients.. the radio statio is also the headquaters of national radio news which broadcasts news hourly to regional stations across australia. journo students have the opportunity to win a cadetship with nrn.. im doing work experience right now at a station about 3 hrs from brisbane and every hour i hear my friends on air!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)