Battery Questions (1 Viewer)

Paroissien

HSC
How would you answer a comparison question?
Would you detail all aspects of one cell, then the other with an evaluation at the end.
Or would you go through each aspect (chemistry, cost, impact, hippy crap) and compare the cells as you go?

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
You can either draw up a table, or constantly refer back and forth.
By the latter I mean, for example: The Lead-Acid cell is very large and bulky but generates alot of power, hence is useful for large mobile applications (e.g. cars), whereas the Lithium Ion Cell is very small and does not generate much power, making it useful for small mobile applications (e.g. mobile phones).

Paroissien

HSC
Yeah the latter is the way I've generally worked off, so that'll do

A table in an exam though?

lucyinthehole

for straighforward comparison questions it's best to do a table, cos then you know you won't forget anything, or contradict yourself. evaluation statement only if they ask for that.

edit: damn i type slow...

lucyinthehole

Tommy_Lamp said:
Yeah you can do it, its more time consuming so make sure there is enough of it.
how is it more time consuming? you don't waste time constructing sentences, and they don't expect a perfectly ruled table for that kind of answer. i usually get away with my naughts and crosses type scribble

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Key word: "Usually"
In the HSC its best to be 100% sure your answer is acceptable, hence making it as neat as possible making it easier for the marker to see if whether or not you are correct.

Paroissien

HSC
You are given plenty of time to do the exam, so there is no excuse to being less than perfectly legible

Paroissien

HSC
Any need to put the states of species in battery equations ie. (s) (aq)

mathock

HSC
hsc markers love tables, graphs, diagrams anything... my teacher is a senior hsc marker and we also had hsc seminars by dick alliband, and both stressed that any way that we can think of that conveys a lot of information yet also comprehendable is a great idea... imagine what a marker would think after marking 50 essay-like responses when he opens ur test and finds a clear, accurate table of differences and similiarites with a small conclusion at the bottom.. they luv it

petayani

HSC
Hey, can they ask you to talk about a particular battery, like say compare lead acid (or dry cell) with mercury button cell. If they can, I feel a little woosy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)