bba111 report help (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Okay this assignment is retarded why on earth does it have to be due tommorow!

Anyway i've chosen to do self efficacy, normative and affective commitment...

How are you guys going about interpreting the results?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I'll speak for Steve (because he's at work and I'm procrastinating), but dont take my word as gospel. He interpreted the results as we would in psych (especially the bio psych report); comparing the results (only a few select results by the looks of things) to the literature and deciding on whether they compliment/challenge previous notions on the 3 topics. It seemed that the three he did (self-efficacy and... trust? and something else) were all pretty correlated to earlier findings so that was easy. Also, dont forget to criticise your study!!!

...Does that help? I'm so glad I dont do BBA!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:
I'll speak for Steve (because he's at work and I'm procrastinating), but dont take my word as gospel. He interpreted the results as we would in psych (especially the bio psych report); comparing the results (only a few select results by the looks of things) to the literature and deciding on whether they compliment/challenge previous notions on the 3 topics. It seemed that the three he did (self-efficacy and... trust? and something else) were all pretty correlated to earlier findings so that was easy. Also, dont forget to criticise your study!!!

...Does that help? I'm so glad I dont do BBA!
hey maryjane, aww how sweet ov u 2 help even though u dont do bba :) (none of the others have *glares at the other bba111 people who arnt helping lol*

thanx dude... it has cleared up some stuff :)... but i dunno most of the readings i've been reading so far... are self efficacy correlated with performance... and not financial incentives correlated with self efficacy

so i'm trying to link it... by going "tying financial incentives to performance ur decreasing intrinsic motivation and risktaking behaviors therefore your decreasing overall self efficacy...:s

mann i wish the usual psyche people did this report with me, we always end up discussing/colluding/clarifying till we're blue in the head...

its due tommorow! and im still working on my intro! :S

HSC
N/A
Mine's probably going to be a day late.

I'm still freaking out over the results... I couldn't make sense of the statistics we got, so I had to show it to a few of my friends so they could break it down for me ("Now, this represents how accurate the results are, otherwise known as blah blah. You know, the way they've set out these results is really very stupid?").

I've been reading the texts, and I'm still trying to figure out how to write a non-humanities-style essay. I've got some notes, but I'm so worried it's going to come across as a cul/soc style thing... are they going to skin me for that?!?!?!

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Omg, do we need the actual survey to do the report? Cos looking at the example report I was thinking I should put some of the actual questions that were in the survey, into the report. Shit, can anyone help my out by giving me one of each of the 5 types of questions?

HSC
N/A
Calm down, we don't need the survey. At least, I don't think so... just the results.

As for interpretation, I'll be saying banal things like "as we can see, those who recieved incentives showed increased affective commitment, therefore....."

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Interpreting the results. First off, basic stats. So, from memory, everything was a significant difference except for normative commitment.

Second, as to the literature, I just did a psych report effectively, with a methods and results section. There's nowhere near enough word limit to talk too much about anything; I ended up having 2 paragraphs on each topic -- one in the intro, one in the discussion (on self-efficacy, trust, and intetn to leave). Essentially, would say what our results were, how this was supported/not supported in the literature, and if it was especially poignant, practical implications.

Glitterfairy, the paperwork they gave us should explain the stats, but it seesm to do so in a way that's clear when you know what you're talking about, and messy if you don't. Essentially, having a p vaue lower than .05 means there's a significant difference between the aspects. Significant differences in science mean there is a real difference of a detectable magnitude. Non-significant diferences (ie normative commitment from memory) are still differences, but theoretically are so small they could be due to anything else, like methodolgy, or whatever. Usually, you'd increase your sample size and the difference would become 0 in a non-significant difference. Most of the time, anyway.

Yes, they want us to attach the report to the back of the assignment. Stupid waste of paper, but they do. It's on Alan's office door. Staplers are in the psych office downstairs.

Hopfully that's help to someone, despite being quite late monday morning.

HSC
N/A
Sorry Steve - run that by me again? When you say "attach the report to the back of the assessment", do you mean the survey, or the Research Report and Data Pack, or some sort of BBA cover sheet (like in humanities?)

I totally suck at this subject :S

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Glitter said:
Sorry Steve - run that by me again? When you say "attach the report to the back of the assessment", do you mean the survey, or the Research Report and Data Pack, or some sort of BBA cover sheet (like in humanities?)
Attach a blank copy of the questionnaire -- available from Bull's office (on his door in an envelope, or, it was the other day)... the cover sheet you use is the normal Psych one (becuase this is a BBA unit run by the psych department), available form the psych office near the boxes where you hand them in (c3A, I think the building's called)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)