BBA250 - past students? (1 Viewer)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
To anyone who has done BBA250, what was the exam like? The lecturer said it will be based mostly on the study notes, was this the case for you?

HSC
N/A
Skittled told me it was based on the lecture slides. I am yet to study them religiously, but I soon will be :D

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Last year he told us what's in the exam -- went through each slide indicating what's important, and what he'd expect us to know. My advice: go through the ilecture and take note of the hints/explicit information he gives, because that effectively IS the exam. It's hard to say this without sounding like I'm bragging, but to demonstrate how based on the lecture slides the exam is, doing the above got me an HD. Learn what he tells you to, and you'll be right. From memory (As you'd expect in psych exams) some of the questions are a little tricky, but with a deep breath and a little logic you can work it out.

Does that help?

(Good luck!)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Cool thanks for your help. He said we should study, in order of preference, study notes, lecture slides, references and textbook. I'm guessing it's not really worth it to study the textbook...

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
put the textbook as your last priority
only if you need to know what things mean
cause i'd have to say
that's the worst textbook i've used ever
dunno what was going through the guy who read\chose it's head

HSC
N/A
Q:

Will the exam be based on lots of simple questions, ie "Name three different types of _________" or will they be much harder, scenario-based questions?

*crosses fingers and hopes for the former*

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
From memory, more the former.
From memory.

(Probably good to understand to the depth of the latter, though)

HSC
N/A
I'm trying to mentally link all the defs to real-life examples, however as is often the case I'm linking them to examples that *I* know - for example, I used Mentor Training Day as an example of 'handover interview', 'tour of grounds', 'further evaluation' etc etc :p

Due to my decidedly non-business background, I have lots of problems with understanding how everything works in particular corperate-type examples, I'm just worried that that's how it'll be in the exam too :p

EDIT: Workplace Relations Act = BORING :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)