BBA350 - Jack Welch & GE (1 Viewer)

gnrlies

HSC
What was this video all about???

I wasn't there!!!

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Shouldn't have skipped the lecture :p I have some crappy notes on it, I'll send you them when I get a chance to type them up if you want. But only if you can tell me what is involved in a general environmental analysis? I'm confused as to the difference between that and internal/external analyses.

Edit: also does anyone have a list of the companies we discussed in the news section of the lectures

Last edited:

gnrlies

HSC
yenta said:
Shouldn't have skipped the lecture :p I have some crappy notes on it, I'll send you them when I get a chance to type them up if you want. But only if you can tell me what is involved in a general environmental analysis? I'm confused as to the difference between that and internal/external analyses.
The Internal is all about competencies, competitive adv etc

Then the external includes:

General - To do with the future. I.e. where the business is heading
Industry environment (porters and macro)
Competitors environment
Opportunities
Threats

It is my understanding that the general environment is all about the specifics assosciated with the business in the future. It is my understanding that it involves all aspects of the environment and its application to where the business is heading.

xinhuo

HSC
N/A
Hey yenta, could you also mail the notes to me? I wasn't there too.:)
kelvinmq@hotmail.com
general environment , you also need talk about six segments-political,economical, technological, sociocultural, demographic and global vbmenu_register("postmenu_2403108", true);

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)