B'ball (1 Viewer)

HSC
nah thats the thing...i think he was talking about REPLACING kobe with JORDAN if his off-court issues get in the way of basketball

nah..jordan would have like no touches! his scoring avg would plummet <30!! and he wont be alltime scoring champ!

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Originally posted by copious
Meanwhile, Boomer Shane Heal has signed a "no guarantees" contract with NBA champions San Antonio Spurs that will earn him $36,500 a week.

$36,500!!!!, sure beats playing in the nbl.
Good on him, will definitely be hard on the family though $36,500 will surely ease their pain ;)

Originally posted by ...
lol@Heal..

u reckon he can gte back to the form that he lead the Kings to title??

he is a good shooter..but i dunno, the intensity of NBA can seriously make him look like a kid playing with adults...
I'm sure he will get back to his form. He has basically been continuously training still since leaving the Kings, and i think by the time Athens rolls around he will be in top shape.

Originally posted by skip to my lou

the whoe spurs team is the kings! last year steven jackson...before that andrew gaze...now its shane!!

Not to mention good old Brett Brown who is affiliated with the Spurs ;) nothing like having connections!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm...I wonder if the Lakers will gel together this season..I mean u have the aging Karl Malone who'se average will be like 9.0PPG since theres Shaq and Kobe...but Payton will lead the league in steals and assists because he wont have the pressure to keep scoring as he did with the Sonics/Bucks
I just wonder if it'll go well

I've been a Kings (Sacremento, not Sydney) supporter for a few years now, and it'll be nice to see them win a championship

HSC
the kings made some really bad offseason moves i reckon this year...they lost keon clark, jim jackson, hedo turkoglu...a lot of key role players

but they did sign brad miller (overrated imo). And ive heard rumours that if webber stuffs up his knee again...his career might just go down the drain (ala grant hill)

ahh well
the teams to watch imo this year are as follows:
EAST
bulls
knicks
pistons
sixers

WEST
nuggets
suns
rockets

of course there are the big 5 from the west but i dont think i need to mention them. I feel sorry for Clippers and Golden State...once competitors for playoff spots...now relegated down to nothing but shit kickers..

HSC
any other knicks fans out there?
mutombo is on his way!
and hopefully....nick the quick? muahahaha

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
nah thats the thing...i think he was talking about REPLACING kobe with JORDAN if his off-court issues get in the way of basketball

nah..jordan would have like no touches! his scoring avg would plummet <30!! and he wont be alltime scoring champ!
yeh jordan should have retired towards the end of his peak

how funny is it how the spurs can cancel the contract... that makes me laugh...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Doesnt look like Jordan is going to come out of retirement ,which is good. Its time to focus on the new rookies to see how they go, especially lebron james and carmelo anthony. I think TJ ford and darko milicic might have some good seasons as well.

funny it may be, but i think shane heal is laughing as well. Getting paid $36,500 a week sitting on the bench or coming out for 2 mins and shooting a few 3's sounds good.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Doesnt look like Jordan is going to come out of retirement ,which is good. Its time to focus on the new rookies to see how they go, especially lebron james and carmelo anthony. I think TJ ford and darko milicic might have some good seasons as well.
what makes you say mj aint coming back?
what did i miss?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
when reporters asked him about phil jacksons potential offer, he said " 100% no "

Kulazzi

HSC
I love basketball! Better than netball. Used to play both sports in primary but now I don't *sigh* :(

Basketball is waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better than netball (no offence to all the netballers out there but I only played GK position). Its more active and gets you running up and down the court :D

HSC
lebron sucks man. TOO overrated. he is shooting the most shocking FG% ive ever seen (worse than iverson %)

rookie or not...he is going to struggle getting 10ppg against the experienced defenders in the league. IMO, ROY will go to carmelo

dwayne wade looks good...same as chris bosh...but im setting my sights on the knicks this year. Macej Lampe looks promising and with the addition of Deke, the knicks finally have a formidable frontcourt!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
the knicks, its been a while. yeah lebron is shooting pretty poorly but his court vision and assists are shaping up pretty good. yao ming looks to be the goods this season, 20 points 14 rebounds 3 assists 3 blocks against a quality kings side minus webber.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
what about the mavs, expect to see biggest hog fest ever
the big 5 averaged 100 ppg last season

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah fancey this
nash
finley
jamison
walker
nowitzki

i cant see walker playing centre.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
yeah, when walker isnt shooting threes hes the "playmaker" according to the guys at espn, i reckon fortson will probably start centre, he averages a shitload of rebounds for his short court time and his lack of offence is compensated with all the other firepower they have

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah i was thinking that as well. the only problem they might have , is too many scoring options available meaning it might take thme a while to gel as a team. walker the playmaker? lol. he needs to stop shooting bloody 3's, his 3 point percentage last yr was shocking. Leave it to nash and nowitzki.

Wiggum

funny it may be, but i think shane heal is laughing as well. Getting paid $36,500 a week sitting on the bench or coming out for 2 mins and shooting a few 3's sounds good.
In a pre-season game he shot 1 from 11 and about that for his 3pt shot as well. There is no way he'll do well with that form.

Fortson started but i think it was nowitzki who replaced him playing 5 man 'cause i checked the box scores between mavs v lakers and jamison came off the bench playing 33 mins and fortson played 14. So i think Walker isn't really playing as the "playmaker" if jamison's playing 33 mins.

Lebron won't shoot much, with boozer and ilgauskas he'll have plenty of options and i don't think silas wants him playing the 1 man so definately melo over bron for now. Hard to say later on in the season.
lebron sucks man. TOO overrated. he is shooting the most shocking FG% ive ever seen (worse than iverson %)
dwayne wade looks good...same as chris bosh...but im setting my sights on the knicks this year. Macej Lampe looks promising and with the addition of Deke, the knicks finally have a formidable frontcourt!
Thing is with bron he scored like 20 in a camp game in like 20 mins or somewhere close to that. By anyone's standards 1 point per minute is good. But he's shot hasn't been up to scratch.

Deke can only play for limited minutes, there's no way he can play for more than 20 mins consistently. It's a risk playing Deke for too long, 38 and aging body. Lampe i'm not too sure.

yeah i was thinking that as well. the only problem they might have , is too many scoring options available meaning it might take thme a while to gel as a team.
I think that they do have way too many and won't get near the 100 ppg total they have unless they play their big five for at least 30 mpg.

Anyway, sorry about my rambling, but with or without Kobe, Lakers 03/04 all the way.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
watched the spurs game today, had heal been healthy, would have definately gotten a run

carter was their only point and he had a bagful of turnovers, even though he scored the winner...but thats beside the point

popovich wouldve put heal on as the spurs played horrible in the first half, to the extent that he walked on to the court to shout at his players LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)