BBusiness (First Year Subjects) Overview (1 Viewer)

fillstar

HSC
jj33 said:
Hi I am a new cadet and I do full time uni for the first semester but part time uni for the second semester. I am having problems deciding which two subjects I should do in the second semester. I don’t really want to do the Business law and ethics because I have heard that it is a hard subject that involves a lot a readings and is very time consuming. What 2 subjects do you think are the least time consuming/hard and don’t involve much group work?
Business law and ethics is core isn't it? It not that bad as an intro to law.

Jamsi

HSC
All HSC students, pick accounting as a subject if you have a choice. It's worth it just for the lectures. John and Tiru are pure gold, it's like being at a comedy festival. :p

peepee

loser.
HSC
i don't like jon. if he stopped making sex jokes we could be out of there by 7pm instead of 8pm
tiru however...i love him.

maka

HSC
Pretty funny guy JT.

Not everyones cup of tea but for the less accounting inclined students have some charisma and character to make it bearable.

coFFeecrZy

HSC
i was wondering if it was possible to major in international business and accounting, as it seems most people tend to major in accounting and finance?
are there any cons as to majoring in international business and accounting? because i went through the international business course, and it looks pretty interesting in my point of view, but i also want to do accounting. any advice as to what to do? thanks!

fillstar

HSC
coFFeecrZy said:
i was wondering if it was possible to major in international business and accounting, as it seems most people tend to major in accounting and finance?
are there any cons as to majoring in international business and accounting? because i went through the international business course, and it looks pretty interesting in my point of view, but i also want to do accounting. any advice as to what to do? thanks!
The simple answer is YES.

From the sound of things if you find the content interesting it is a good indication that you will do reasonably well. Accounting and Finance are very much complementary subjects and hence its popularity. International business is not a job scoring major so pairing it up with accounting is wise.

lingling888

HSC
hey! I got a question for everyone...like how do u guys study? Do u just read the lecture notes and read the textbook...or do you also summarise the textbook as well? I'm actually wondering if I should summarise the textbook or not....

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
- Read lecture notes.
- Read the textbook. Add stuff to my lecture notes that I found in the textbook that I didn't have alot on.
- Write notes from lecture notes.

Thats pretty much what I do.. hasn't failed yet.

blOwfish

HSC
Yes, as the core subjects are prerequisites for alot of the major subjects, no matter what major you choose.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
DanielleM said:
Do we need to do core subjects before the major?
blOwfish said:
Yes, as the core subjects are prerequisites for alot of the major subjects, no matter what major you choose.
Depends on what major.
I'm starting my Accounting major next year, but I could have started it earlier if I wanted to and left subjects like Marketing and Management (MPO) to my last year.
So, you don't need to do all of the core subjects before you start your major.

To check out the prereq's for a major- look up your selected major in the handbook (http://handbook.uts.edu.au/directory/cbk90169.html) and click on a couple of subjects that you do within the major.

e.g. 24202 Consumer Behaviour (Marketing Major)
6cp
Requisite(s): 24108 Marketing Foundations

Musk said:
u can get advance standing for u tho
DanielleM- you will probably get this for your core Marketing subject & other core subjects you have done at UNSW. You can post here the subjects you have done- and I can let you know which subjects you may get exemptions for.

Last edited:

hunni.xx

HSC
Maybe a stupid question, but how do we know what textbooks and stuff we need? Thankss

krayzie_

HSC
hunni.xx said:
Maybe a stupid question, but how do we know what textbooks and stuff we need? Thankss
They usually tell you in the first lecture, in the lecture slides or their will be a subject outline which will contain everything you will ever need

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
krayzie_ said:
They usually tell you in the first lecture, in the lecture slides or their will be a subject outline which will contain everything you will ever need
is the structure gonna change for BBus 2009?

gaaay

HSC
Um, im a bit lost. went to UTS today to enrol for business (part time).
how many subjects do i choose? and do i select an option or no? :S and like. do i select a major? i wanna major in accounting...

im gonna call up uts student enquiries to make sure anyway.

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
i did enrolment today too, but idk about part time. for full time you only get to pick one elective and 7 core subjects for the first year. the elective is between something and accounting transactions for business (or similar) which the girl helping me is pretty much necessary to pick if you're doing accounting/finance/eco as your major as it's the basics or whatever.

amaccas

HSC
N/A
Thanks for this Jase - you're a champ!

Anyone does taxation law??? If you have any tips that would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)